Danbury, CT, USA Req #774
Monday, September 14, 2020
Want to join a rapidly growing start-up with the security of being backed by a 17-year-old organization with over $1B in annual revenue?
Odyssey Logistics & Technology, one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S., is transforming the logistics market and is seeking a front end or full stack engineer who will be responsible for the design and implementation of an exciting new digital platform.
This Senior Software Engineer will join a small but rapidly growing team and be directly responsible for development and maintenance of this new platform. This experienced engineer should possess recent experience in building Single page applications with parts of a MEAN stack or similar, they should be familiar with deploying applications with pipeline using CI/CD, but also possess traditional knowledge of web servers, CSS, and HTML. Applicants will preferably be versed in a variety of software languages and platforms.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement new digital platform
- Development maintenance plan for new platform
- Support and maintain legacy systems
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget delivery of software
The ideal candidate will have:
5+ years of hands on professional software development, in a SPA framework such as Angular/React
- 3+ years of experience working with databases (Mongo/Postgres)
- Strong understanding of data structures and models
- Working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, Bit Bucket, CI/CD pipeline
- Agile development experience
- Understanding of REST principals in building API's
- API design experience using Open API (Swagger)
Preferred, but not required:
3+ years of hands on MEAN stack development
- Hands on experience with web sockets
- Hands on experience working with AWS-based services including S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway
- Experience working with other relational databases (MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
- Experience with version control system, CI/CD pipeline tools, workflow tools
- A passion for building software and streamlining process issues
- Experience integrating software as service applications with a team of developers
- Working knowledge of automated unit + integration testing in Typescript
- Can apply principles of Test-Driven Development
- Experience with writing test cases
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Danbury, CT, USA