As a Software Engineer on the TRSS team, you will be working on projects that support and extend the full stack of the TRSS solutions suite to deliver global data using advanced search, big data ingestion and analytical processing using tools like MongoDB, Elastic, and Kafka as well as building leading edge web applications. You will work closely with the other members of the TRSS analytical staff and development to capture customer requirements and design new solutions. This role requires a polyglot engineer who is comfortable with data-intensive systems as well as some frontend UI development. You will be working with an extensive codebase, but this role is a great opportunity to engage in new development. Responsibilities:
* You will be part of the specialized TRSS development team and will design implement and deliver software solutions and data science efforts, as well as enhance and support existing applications.
* You will engage the TRSS analytical staff to gather requirements, generate ideas, and develop documentation.
* You will demo new software solutions as needed.
* You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
* You will be expected to own your work and be passionate about the success of the customer.
* Must have, or, be able to acquire and maintain, a US Government Security Clearance
* Strong engineering skills with relevant experience a must
* Proficient in multiple languages programming languages (particularly interested in JVM languages like Java, Scala, and Groovy), Python
* In depth knowledge of Java
Script (ES6+), HTML and CSS/SCSS/SASS
* Experience with Restful web services using JSON and XML
* Experience with React (preferred), Angular or Vue
* Experience with Component, Context and Flux/Redux state management
* Experience with Bootstrap and Material Design component libraries
* Experience building reusable components and front-end libraries
* Unix/Linux experience
* Must be a passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
* Must possess a strong personal work ethic (self starter, results oriented)
* Must be of strong moral and ethical character
* Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic requirements
* Must be able to work alone and on an Agile team
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experiencePREFERRED:
* AWS experience
* Neo4J and other graph technology experience
* A good understanding of distributed computing concepts
* Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
* Experience with Kafka
* Big Data analytics experience (especially with ETL and data wrangling)
* Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and Elastic
* NoSQL DB experience (especially MongoDB)Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work?
How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future?
At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services
- Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing. We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting?
Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward. AccessibilityAs a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace. We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com. LocationsMcLean-Virginia-United States of America;Rochester-New York-United States of AmericaReq #: JREQ137726Locations: McLean-Virginia-United States of America|Rochester-New York-United States of AmericaJob Function: Technology Development