* Optimizing application code for high performance on UNIX-type workstations as well as LINUX servers and to ensure efficient use of computing resources in general.
* Integrating, testing, and supporting software developed by other centers or development partners
* Maintaining the software test environment to support migration activities, including auto-builds of stand-alone executables on servers; execution outside of Eclipse environment; and simulation of user operations.
* Creating installers for various versions; scripts to install and maintain testbeds and servers, maintaining the distribution website; and preparing instructional document to help user installation and use of the software.
* Decide which technologies and languages are best for the project
* Design the architecture of the components of an application
* Build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
* Test sites and applications in different browsers and environments
* Test new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
* Research, incorporate, and, optionally contribute to Open Source projects
* Run performance bench marking tests
* Refactor and optimize existing code
* Document code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
* Fix bugs in existing projects
* Review colleagues' code
* Meet with designers, developers and project staff for progress updates
* Contribute to implementing an agile product development environment
* Effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers.
* Experience with Angular.js, Node.js, and/or Vue.js.
* Experience with Jira and Confluence
* Experience with Git and GitLab CI/CD
* Experience in AGILE development.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in computer science, physics, meteorology, related discipline, or equivalent.