Software Engineer 3 at U.S. Bank in San Francisco, California
U.S. BankSan Francisco, California
Software Engineer 3 (Full Stack Developer with Automation expertise) - San Francisco, CA
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference!
U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey. The Full Stack Software Engineer (Automation Focus) will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles. Essential
Responsibilities- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products.
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
- Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Consistently writes production-ready and testable code (following BDD/TDD) taking full stack ownership including automation test scripts. Ensures integration and maintenance of test automation scripts into the CI/CD Pipeline
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation. Qualifications.
Basic Qualifications- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant experience Strongly Preferred Skills/Experience
- Experience in UI device/browser-based test automation using Java w/ Appium/Selenium
- Knowledge of common open source frameworks such as Page
- Object models
- Strong experience with test-driven development approaches such as BDD, leveraging tools like Cucumber
- Experience with cloud-based test automation solutions such as SeeTest
- Experience with integrated test execution and reporting though automated ci/cd pipelines Preferred Skills/Experience
- Strong understanding of Front End / UI Design Methodologies
- Familiarity with version control systems and build tools
- Familiarity using Opensource software/tools
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Familiarity with RESTful API's
- Understanding of NoSQL DB (MongoDB / Cassandra etc.)
- Experience testing WCAG guidelines, standards and success criteria, preferred.
- Experience testing websites and native mobile applications with Assistive Technologies, a plus.
- Thorough understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose.
- Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support.
- Considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Understands the team's domain, how work in this domain relates to the team's objectives and deliverables and how it contributes to overall business strategy and how technical strategy maps to this.
- Thoroughly understands the business model in relation to their current product focus area.
- Ability to analyze the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain within an analysis.
- Looks for opportunities to simplify product & technical design.
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.