Software Development Manager (Frontend)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with foundational web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively.
AWS Identity teams are building secure identity, authentication, authorization, and governance systems for the AWS Cloud. Identity is foundational for access management to services in the cloud, and the Identity User Experience and Console team focuses on making it easier for AWS customers to manage governance at scale. Our mission is to create extraordinary user interfaces that empower experienced developers and IT administrators to have fine-grained control over their environments and security, while being simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data and resources.
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to lead the growing area of the capability management user experience, enhancing the experience around Service Quotas and throttle limits. As the leader directing this area, you will focus on the challenges of writing software and delivering browser-based experiences that are easy to understand and improve the security of all AWS customers. You will work closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to drive the vision and direction of how AWS customers organize their identities and access applications, devices, accounts and beyond. You'll work with multiple technical and product teams to balance projects and needs, focusing on delivering a unified customer experience to all AWS customers.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-focused leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing frontend engineers. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and define a charter that grows as your organization grows. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace.
If you have a passion for how web applications should be built, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Established skill designing and developing simple solutions to complex, interactive customer experiences.
* Experience managing and growing frontend engineers
* Development expertise in OOP, Java, Java
Script, Web services, Scripting languages, and modern MVC/MVM Frameworks (React. JS, Angular, Vue, etc.).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
* Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-scale production environment
* Expertise in specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
* Experience in diving deep into telemetry, metrics and usage data with help of data analytics tools
* Ability to use that data to justify your insights and improve user experience
* B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or five years' equivalent experience in a large-scale enterprise environment is required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.