Software Development Engineer (Fullstack)
Amazon Elasticsearch Service is looking for a full stack engineer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. If you're an application engineer, and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then AWS is looking for you. You will work on architecting, designing and implementing high performance console applications for our customers to interact with AWS Elasticsearch. Amazon Elasticsearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Elasticsearch's easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads. At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team: Who you are:
* Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
* Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
* Have build applications using Java based stacks such as Spring MVC, Play, GWT, etc.
* Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
* Working knowledge of Java
Script, HTML5, CSS3 and latest Java
* Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (css sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times.
* Have experience in developing consumer facing web applications using Ajax.
* Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies. Basic Qualifications
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* Bachelor's degree
- preferably in computer science or a similar degree.
* 4+ year's professional experience in software development using Java
Script and/or Java.
* Proficiency in Front-end Coding and Design (Java
Script, CSS, HTML, jQuery, and libraries or frameworks such as Backbone, Node. JS, React and GWT)Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.