Software Developer with Linux Expertise
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Required*Red Arch Solutions is a proven and effective small business integrator and consultant, recognized as a leading provider of IT development to the Federal Government. We offer excellent benefits, including 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, up to 10% 401k contribution, and reimbursement for tuition/certifications. Top of the line PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered. The platform is an end to end analytic solution used to search and discover information. It is deployed to help analysts and data scientists make sense of their data holdings. It is built upon a series of open source tools, packages and components. The Contractor installation team shall be responsible for the deployment, training and maintenance of the systems. The Contractor shall work with the Sponsor to assemble two parallel installation teams. The Contractor team may mix and/or matrix with other Sponsor contractors outside the scope of this requirement and/or with Sponsor's staff. The Software team shall have experience in computing systems and in configuring and deploying applications in the Linux operating system. The software engineer shall be responsible for the installation and transfer of Sponsor software to external partners and shall be responsible for training the users of the system and the system administrators on its operation. The Contractor shall have experience in unboxing equipment and in racking and cabling that equipment. The software engineer shall be required to install and integrate equipment to establish computer networks and shall be required to conduct Linux system administration and troubleshooting. The SWE shall install Linux operating systems, to include manipulation of configuration files to provision networks, change the configuration to start/stop services, and modify other configuration scripts as needed. The SWE shall work to advance Sponsor interests and shall document any interactions with partner's personnel as directed by the Sponsor. The SWE shall assist in capturing user feedback and requirements. In the event of a system error, the SWE shall troubleshoot any issues on site and shall work directly with the system developers to address any issues. This role requires the SWE to travel in support of this effort. Travel is typically a few days to a few weeks in duration. Planned travel duration will be subject to extension at Sponsor's direction as needed. When not traveling, the SWE shall work with the system developers to contribute to the Sponsor's effort and shall maintain comprehensive knowledge of the system internals and ongoing development. The installation team shall:
* Evaluate existing applications and deployments
* Work with the Sponsor and the developers to schedule travel
* Capture and document user requirements for new functionality, for application redesign, and/or exploit existing tools to add new features supporting Sponsor capabilities.
* Analyze and identify modifications to optimize, scale or improve system stability and performance.
* Provide O&M support for the life of the system or application, at the direction of the Sponsor.
* Receive custom built applications, fully learn and understand how they work, and be ready to deploy those systems and packages in disconnected environments. The team shall possess extensive experience working in search technologies such as SOLR and/or Elastic
Search. Currently the custom code is written in Google's Go language and the user interface is a web-based application using Java
Script. Experience in Go is desired. At a minimum, the team shall be familiar with deploying systems written in python, Java or C/C++ and must learn Go language programming as directed by the Sponsor. Some minor modifications of this code may be required in the field and the Contractor shall be able to make code changes to get the application working on isolated networks. The Contractor shall have experience in DevOps and in the successful movement of applications from one physical environment to another. The SWE shall be available for remote troubleshooting and shall have a One Team approach to these systems and deployments. Minimum Qualifications
Experience for each developer shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Three-plus (3+) years of related Linux development experience.
* Expertise in open source technologies and experience in pulling together multiple open source modules to satisfy a system requirement
* Experience in the full software development lifecycle. This includes development, deployment, testing, and monitoring. · Expertise in the manipulation of data and in extract transform and load (ETL)
* Experience with various RMDBs capabilities.
* Demonstrated experience with agile methodologies.
* Ability to document events in official record keeping systems. The team as a whole shall have experience in the following technologies to include, but not limited to: Linux
ScriptMySQL (or Oracle)LinuxSQLSOLROther Databases
- (e.g.; Amazon RDS, mongoDB, etc.)Google's Go language (or other similar development languages)Open source packages
Active directory or LDAPPlease reach out to John Woods at John. Woods@RedArch
Solutions for more details about the needed LCAT experience for this role. Desired Qualifications
* Five (5) years software development experience, knowledge of Linux, Java
Search and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes; the ability to troubleshoot hardware and/or software errors overseas. Red Arch Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. Red Arch Solutions takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.