Software Developer (Security Focused)
**Software Developer (Security Focused)*
* As the global leader in electronic testing, Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) validates the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Our customers' high-stakes certification, licensure, admissions and other credentialing exams help people advance in technology, government and professional careers, as well as attain educational growth. Pearson VUE offers proctored exams through the world's largest network of test centers in addition to testing in online and unproctored environments.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
The position will be located in the Bloomington, MN office.
Working in this office is required.
Developer software development team is hiring a Software Developer to fortify the security of the web-based application.
Developer is the leading web-based tool for creating tests to certify test takers in the professional skills they require.
Customers rely on Exam
Developer to store and protect the valuable content of the certification exams they produce.
Alongside other members of the feature development teams, this development role will plan and implement fixes to security vulnerabilities uncovered by penetration tests and scanning tools.
Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities and fixes is important, but so is learning on-the-job.
Deep changes to the Exam
Developer application may be required, so solid skills in general software development will be used.
For example: input validation updates for security may require business logic changes of the validation processes.
This role is new and will be the dev team's specialist on security, but this role will not be solitary.
To be successful, partnership with the rest of the development team, QA team, architects, and security analysts in the broader company will be part of the job.
Candidates for this role are not expected to be security experts, but will start with a baseline of security knowledge and expand their skills through collaboration with other team members and industry documentation.
So for example, if you know the basics of a SQL injection attack or how Cross Site Scripting (XSS) works, you'd have the baseline of knowledge needed.
The technology stack for new development is on .NET Core (C#), Angular, ASP.NET Core, microservices, SQL Server, and Azure.
Some of the work will involve .NET Framework 4.x and ASP.NET Web Forms.
* Requirements + Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline + 2 years of development experience in Object Oriented languages, C# experience preferred. + 2 years of web development experience, including HTML and Java
Script + Knowledge of networking for web applications \#LI-POST Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* US-MN-Bloomington **Work Locations:*
* US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley 5601 Green Valley Drive Suite 220 Bloomington 55437 **Job:*
* Technology **Organization:*
* Assessments VUE **Employee Status:*
* Regular Employee **Job Type:*
* Standard **Shift:*
* Day Job **Job Posting:*
* Jul 27, 2020 **Job Unposting:*
* Ongoing **Schedule:*
* Full-time Regular **Req ID:*
* 2007281Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.