Software Cloud Architect / Product Owner
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas?
Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation!
Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
RIS located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline)) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Cloud Architect / Product Owner. The Software Cloud Architect / Product Owner will be assigned a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line to fill the role to help development of the customer s Future Ground Architecture. The selected candidate should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a LINUX or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
The selected candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon Technologies.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- Support design and requirements analysis and derivation efforts for Requirements and Design Reviews for the Future
- Work with multi-discipline teams in the creation of technical work products
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- 4+ years of software development experience in Java, C# in a LINUX or UNIX environment
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful services
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
- Experience in OPIR area
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience using scripting languages such as Java
Script, Ruby or Python and familiarity with a Java
Script framework such as DOJO, AngularJS, jQuery, or Backbone.js
- Experience with Spring
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
RequiredEducation (including Major):
Requires a bachelor s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon Technologies is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. Click here to learn more:
Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.