Software Application Support Engineer
Guidewire's Customer & Cloud Operations team is a pivotal part of Guidewire's success, has a start-up culture within a global public company, and is growing fast. We use our immense knowledge of Guidewire products (gained through company-sponsored training), and our ability to read and write Java and SQL, to delight customers with our problem-solving skills and customer service approach.
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovating products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
We re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to deliver quality products and support as we are. Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You ll be inspired by those around you, and you ll be trusted and empowered to go further.
TYPE: Regular full-time
SHIFT: This position will require working full-time on weekends (i.e. both Sat and Sun). Employee will get weekdays off in lieu of it.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate to high complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with CASE team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product area
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Partner with Guidewire delivery teams to understand each customer s business objectives and integration requirements, and rationalize those against established best practices you learn through your experience and that of your peers to ensure successful Guidewire Cloud-hosted customer solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Work Experience
- An undergraduate degree / diploma in Computer Science or related field of study
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Prior demonstrable object-oriented programming (OOP) skills in any one of these, e.g.
- Java / Gosu, Scala etc.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrable experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Knowledge of front-end web technologies (Java
Script and AngularJS) or similar
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem-solving
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- You will score bonus points if you can also read, write, and speak French
- You will be part of a team that works together at one of our company offices listed above (working remotely is not an option)
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
#nowhiring #hiringnow #guidewire #java #applicationsupport #sql #jira #productionsupport