ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Percentage of Travel Required:
Up to 10%
Type of Travel:
CACI is currently looking for
ServiceNow Implementation Specialist with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia!
Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity.
CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you'll get to do:
- Technical specification and implementation of a ServiceNow integration
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on of ServiceNow
- Develop the technical solutions, implements them, and performs the component integration tests
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
- Work with Senior leadership and a team with a variety of subject matter expertise on the criteria and process maps required for the ServiceNow environment development
- Intermediate level understanding of ServiceNow required
- Intermediate level programming skills
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL and CMDB
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment
- System integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Strong communication, Strong presentation and writing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members
- Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow.
- Create and manage scripts and workflow
- Custom UI Changes with usage of Web Technologies such as DOM, HTML changes.
- Build custom applications in ServiceNow by defining data tables, user interface and adding business logic
- Integrate external data sources into ServiceNow
- Build custom dashboards based on custom application data models and external data sources
- Customize and configure workflows and define notifications as part of custom workflows in applications
- Test custom applications and publish/deploy to the concerned users
- Responsible for data model changes and data-migrations for ServiceNow custom applications
- Troubleshoot production problems related to ServiceNow custom applications.
- Leads integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Instruct, assign, direct and check the work of others on the development team.
- Participate in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrator and developer in ServiceNow
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations
- Application Developer Certification in ServiceNow
- Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules
- Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM application
- Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs
- all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system
- Experience with ServiceNow client and server-side Java
Script and the ServiceNow APIs
- Scripted Web-Services, AJAX, Business Rules, Java
Script, SOAP, REST SSO-SAML Setup and Integration of ServiceNow to Other Applications
- Customizing ServiceNow using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly.
- Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders.
- Certified ServiceNow Developer
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Certified Implementation Specialist (ITSM, CSM, or similar)
What We Can Offer You:
We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.