Senior UI Developer at Vanguard in Malvern, PA
Senior UI Developer
Strengthen our dedication to great value
At Vanguard, we never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you ll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Senior Java UI Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will impact the way the world invests. Are you ready to make it count?
In this role you will
- We will utilize your senior-level expertise in Front
- End applications by managing a team charged with developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems.
- We will look upon your expertise understanding of how we can use data to help clients by building effective ways to monitor product health, business metrics and consumer's usage patterns.
- We will require you to keep projects on track by communicating with project managers, spotting potential issues, and generating realistic estimates of costs and time.
- We will lean on you will recruit, mentor, build and motivate the IT teams that will positively impact our business
Bring invention to investing
You ll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you ll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
- Strong planning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement instrumentation to capture business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
Specializations that ll make an impact
- Experience with developing Java REST services Spring, Jersey
- Experience with test automation and test driven development practices and frameworks mutation testing, functional testing (NodeJS, Jasmine, JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, and patterns is a preferred
- Strong knowledge of AWS development/cloud/engineering standard methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
We are Vanguard. Together, we re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and that s how we ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let s make it count.
Vanguard s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: Do the right thing.
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.