Senior UI Developer
Schwab is looking for a driven, results-oriented Software Applications Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and quality. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests.
As a front-end engineer, you will be a senior member of our engineering team that is responsible for the web front-end that powers Schwab Retirement's products and services. Over the past year, we have been refactoring our sites in Angular, NGRX, Web Components and launching new experiences using hybrid mobile frameworks. Expect to collaborate closely with product, design and backend teams to build new features, drive technical direction, and build scalable web apps targeting modern browsers.
What you are good at
- Partnering with Product Teams and Designers to deliver beautiful user experiences
- Building reusable Angular & Web components that will be used across all product lines
- Identifying ways to improve our technology, process & performance
- Partnering with back-end developers to design consumable data structures in JSON
- Participating in design, code, and technical design reviews
- Integrating performance monitoring to empower data-driven decisions
- Influencing the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
- Build solutions that significantly impact the company growth
- Collaborate as a technical lead and SME in the area of front-end design & development
- Participate in agile scrum-based software development environment
- Mentoring junior developers in design patterns, best practices and software development strategy
What you have
- 5+ years experience in web application development
- 5+ years working on build and release process
- 5+ years in TDD
- 5+ years of experience in CSS, Java
Script, HTML5, Type
Script, developing with web standards, debugging and multi-browser testing
- Experience using Atlassian tools like JIRA and confluence
- Experience building and enhancing design systems for standardization across platforms.
- Firm grasp of UI/UX principles, ability to convert UX designs into working prototypes
- Collaborate with others and service varying projects
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the newest technologies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years with Angular / AngularJS / State Management / Design Patterns
- 5+ years experience developing and implementing systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products to include JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- DevOps, Full stack development with .Net, Angular, NGRX, Node
At Schwab, "Own Your Tomorrow" embodies everything we do!
We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We're a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What's it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.