Senior UI Developer with Angular and TypeScript
Vanguard US Intermediary Technology is looking for a Senior UI Developer on the Institutional Direct Digital Experience program. As part of this program we are building a new digital experience for Institutional Asset Management clients. Our program is designed to reduce reliance on manual channels, paper volumes and increase operational efficiency, making our culture "Digital First" to deliver world class client experience. We are doing this through various technologies and exploring innovative ways to re-engineer processes, partnering directly with our business. We are a team of curious minds in a continuous learning environment. Don't delay, apply today!
An ideal candidate will bring specialized experience in the areas of:
* Front end development with Angular, Java.
Script, Typescript, HTML
* Experience with Java/J2EE technologies
* Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines
- Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc. Preferred experience in the following areas would be value added:
* Cloud/AWS technologies
* Operate with an owner's mindset. Having all of these technologies is not required, but we will value your interest in learning them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* This staff member completes the following activities under moderate direction:
* Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
* Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
* Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
* Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
* Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
* Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
* Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
* Acts as a system tester for unit, integration, systems, acceptance, and related testing. Writes the test plan to ensure requirements are satisfied.
* Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
* Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
* Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
* 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
* Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
* Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
* Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
* Use case standards.
* Systems analysis and design techniques.
* System/subsystem requirements.
* Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
* Screen, report, and query design.
* Advanced knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
* Advanced knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages in the SOE/SDE list:
* Demonstrate a track record of strong database and data access analysis, design and implementation skills/capabilities.
* Advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages in the SOE/SDE list, prefSDL2017