Senior Technical Support Engineer
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Imagine your work day dominated less by emails and spreadsheets and more time
given back to you to do your actual job. At ServiceNow, we are making work life
more life like and changing the way the biggest companies in the world are
Our technology helps structure and automate the flow of work to streamline the
delivery of services across the modern enterprise so that individuals can have
everything they need within their fingertips, just like they do in real life.
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here s what our Class of 2018 has to say about working at Servi
* I was really glad to have a lot of proper, important work directed my way
rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks
* A great positive work environment. Everyone is always willing to help out
when I have a question.
* I have been able to contribute to my team in a way that doesn t just
feel like I m doing busy work, but that I ve been helping make a
impact on the company.
* I have always said the best aspect of ServiceNow is the people, and that
has continued to be true in every department and every team with which I
have had the privilege to work with.
* Our Department is Technical Support where we deal with our customer
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for excellence. The Technical
Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging
issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject
matter expertise within the Technical support department and collaborating with
other team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will
be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and
applications. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative
environment and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for excellence. The
Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving
challenging issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes
developing subject matter expertise within the customer support department and
mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. The successful
candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow
platform. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment
and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills.
The Technical Support Engineer maybe be asked at times to work outside normal
business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) and be flexible to schedule
changes. Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as
appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of
customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning
potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
* Experience working with dynamic HTML components:
AngularJS, CSS, XML, HTML, XHTML
* Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred,
other relevant technologies ok)
* Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
* The ability to maintain composure under pressure
* Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to
work productively while unsupervised
* Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to
clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
* Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Consistent ability to work evenings and weekends
The following additional skills are preferred but not required:
* Experience in one (or more) scripting languages: Python, Perl, Unix
Shell, Windows Shell)
* Demonstrated proficiency with the following Technical Skills
* Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
* Data Extraction Technologies (e.g.
* Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
* TCP/IP, Networking knowledge
* Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell.
* Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
* A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
* Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
* Advanced Unix/Linux experience
* Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
ExperienceThe ideal candidate has a bachelor s degree with a minimum of 2 years of
related experience or a combination of 2+ years of work experience and/or
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional
atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where
individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow
their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced
technology and talented developers in the business.