Senior Software Engineers (Angular/Spring)
MAS Recruiting is a trusted recruiting partner to both cutting-edge start-ups and well-known, exciting Fortune 100 companies. Our firm has deep specialization to assist a variety of candidates seeking to secure employment in such industries as advanced materials, chemicals, clean tech, e-commerce, financial services, healthcare, software, and technology.
Our client, Trinity Logistics, is a dynamic Team Member Owned leading 3PL (third party logistics) company specializing in freight arrangement and supply chain solutions. Because of this growth, our client has asked us to recruit for several Senior level Software Engineers to be based in Seaford DE-Southern Delaware (a remote location is possible for an exceptional candidate). This position is responsible for leading with the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of software projects. These initiatives are to support team members, agents, customers, and carriers. These positions are full-time and permanent (not contract).
Software engineering covers all facets of custom software development and the software development life cycle (SDLC). This includes planning, collaboration, design, prototyping, server software configuration, optimization, construction (coding), testing (unit/load/acceptance), database design, implementation, product launch, maintenance, refactoring, documentation, and support.
The Senior Software Engineer will also provide leadership for staff and others in the development of better practices regarding code quality, application performance, quality assurance, monitoring, metrics, support, and documentation.
This position will work closely with the entire Technology team and serve as a lead for the Software Engineering Team. Additionally, this role provides top-tier support to the service desk in response to service tickets, delivering a quick response and resolution of reported support items. This position will report to the Director of Software Development
- Leads feature development across multiple applications and subsystems, including collaboration in requirement definitions with end users, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Understand how applications operate, are structured, and how users operating with the applications
- Provide architecture and application design leadership, and top-tier engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring, and supporting systems for the users
- Assists in leading the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our systems and the services to deploy and release the systems
- Consistently lives and models the organizations core values, leadership and personal competencies
- Delivers quality services, products, and support on time and within budget, meeting or exceeding requirements in alignment with mission and values
- Keeps the department leader informed of the status of all objectives within span of control, where there are problems or concerns as well as strategies and solutions being taken to resolve them
- Assists in coaching and mentoring fellow Team Members effectively so they deliver on expectations and are positioned for greater success in the areas of core values, leadership, and other competencies required for the job, department, or organization
- Nurture, build, and maintain trusting, ethical, and influential relationships within the organization and with other team members.
- Practices good planning and organization skills both as individual and within the business technology group
- Education: BA/ BS (4-year degree) with a technical major such as engineering, mathematics, or computer science strongly preferred
- Experience: 5 or more years of software development experience required
- Front End: Java Script (must have), Angular (must have), React (nice to have), CSS (nice to have), Responsive (nice to have), Single Page Applications (nice to have), Cold Fusion (nice to have)
- Backend: Spring (nice to have), Spring Boot (must have), JHipster (nice to have), Hibernate (nice to have), MySQL (must have), REST (nice to have), and NoSQL (nice to have)
- Ability to define solutions, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage and execute multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel