Senior Software Engineering Manager - Front End
Senior Software Engineering Manager
- Front EndBy applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of Engineering leadership roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail. Who We Are: Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, d cor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. Our Engineering organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
* Storefront: Shopping for your home can be overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case
- it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products. Our software engineering teams work to make an extremely complex process seamless for our customers. Shopping for your home should be exciting, and we want every customer to come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them.
* Wayfair's Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering team builds solutions that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. This team is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science, and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. We are using cutting edge intelligent systems, big data at scale, and world class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business.
* The Supply Chain teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair's business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
* The Sales, Service and Enterprise platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. What You'll Do:
* Manage and build multiple teams of high performing engineers that will shape the future of e-Commerce
* Work cross-functionally with different teams such as Engineering teams, Product, and core areas of the business to envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together
* Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to enhance collaboration, information sharing, decision-making, and influence decisions
* Drive future strategies across a diverse range of internal teams
* Lead technical teams to develop cross functional technology roadmaps and deliver solutions
* Together with our platform teams, push our technical strategy to the forefront of industry best practices
* Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
What You'll Need:
* Extensive experience as a full lifecycle frontend engineer and mastery of some flavor of modern frontend frameworks and technologies (React, Ember, Angular, Vue, Styled Components, SASS, etc)
* A deep understanding of a Java
Script state management library, such as Redux, MobX, or Apollo
* Expertise in coding for all devices, and responsive/adaptive design patterns and best practices
* Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
* Experience coaching and driving multiple teams of software engineers in end-to-end delivery of business impacting applications
* Extensive experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
* Ability to make decisions effectively autonomously, dive into a project/problem, and adapt to evolving requirements
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
* Prior experience of leading/managing 8+ engineers
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair
- and world
- for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.