Senior Software Engineer, Member Access
We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join the Member Access team. In this role, you will be building a new foundational capability that will power membership offerings in .com, Nike App and Retail.
We practice continuous delivery and deploy to production frequently every day.
We own and support the systems we develop, we have a rotating on call schedule if issues happen during off-hours.
We obsess over quality and ensure good tests are written as part of every PR.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to:
- Review your peer’s design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions
- Work with your product partners to build features that are valuable to our consumers
- Constantly keep evolving the capability
- Participate in technical planning, grooming and estimation
- Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
- Partner with other engineering teams to build scalable systems
- You’ve developed and deployed a microservice
- You can write code in a JVM language, preferably Java
- You can deploy web applications to AWS
- You can write unit, integration and functional tests
- You’ve worked with (or dabbled with) front end technologies such as React, Redux
- You love to learn new technologies and bring ideas to the team
- You value collaboration with your team, product owners and architects
- You understand scalable, highly available, and eventually consistent distributed systems
- You have worked in a scrum team before and value agile development
- You have good communication skills and can explain solutions to technical and non-technical audience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or other relevant subject) or relevant professional experience