Senior Software Engineer
Who you are
* BS in Computer Science or a related field and 5-7 years of demonstrated work experience as a software develope
* Hands on experience in designing, coding and testing interactive web applications
* Experience with Ecommerce systems and Magento a plus
* Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns
* Working knowledge of one or more technologies including PHP, C#, Angular JS/8, .Net Core, CSS, Java.
Script, HTML, REST, JSON, Redis, Node. JS, Github, Jira, MySQL, AWS/Docker/Kubernetes
* Experience creating and using software engineering tools
* Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
* Strong team player, excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
* Curiosity, creativity, collaboration, willingness to learn, and a positive "can do" attitude. Why work at Emerson
* Casual Dress Code,
BenefitsDay-One, 401K Match, 3 Weeks PTO, Volunteer Days
* Your are directly impacting the way people stay healthy, through the technology you are developing daily
* Work with a tech team that is connected, collaborative, and super-fun who regularly break-out in Nerf Gun fights.
Emerson Ecologics is the largest distributor in the $4B practitioner-channel dietary supplement market. Through our Emerson B2B eCommerce platform and our Wellevate practitioner-patient platform, we offer health care practitioners and their patients the largest selection of professional grade supplements with 20K products from over 300 of the most trusted brands in the industry. With an experienced leadership team, strong financial backing, and tremendous customer trust from being in business for over 38 years, Emerson is disrupting the integrative healthcare space and is transforming into a technology and marketing focused organization. Senior Software EngineerWhy work at Emerson?
Because we embrace our employee's unique awesomeness & diverse backgrounds to support the practice of healthy living & bring our best selves to #Lifeat.
Emerson daily. Considering applying?
You will be successful here if you are a disruptor, comfortable with change, empowered to voice your opinion, enjoy working in a fast-paced, evolving organization and love to learn new technologies. In this key technical position, you'll participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, working independently and in small teams designing and implementing new features and platform/system components. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work closely with a team of software and quality assurance engineers, product owners/managers, Agile coaches and Scrum Master, and customer support to create innovative software that provides an exceptional user experience, rock-solid quality, high availability, and performance at internet scale.
Responsibilities* Produce well designed, organized, optimized and documented code, both at the UI and server levels
* Lead other software developers in promoting engineering best practices, coding standards and guidelines, code reviews, and coding for quality, performance and security
* Execute full lifecycle software development
* Identify, plan and prioritize technical debt
* Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
* Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
* Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
* Document and maintain software functionality
* Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics