|Date Posted||April 26, 2017|
Who we are
OMEDA is a vibrant media software services company. We specialize in data management and focus on driving revenue for media owners and publishers through providing best-in-class integrated solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. If you would like to work with a dynamic team in a fun, fast-paced environment, and you truly love to code, join our team! We are interested in self-starters who aren’t intimidated by complexity. You will be a member of an Agile Scrum team with other mid-level and senior developers, working on projects such as:
- Industry best query tool
- Form building software
- Web tracking services
- Extensive suite of APIs
- Complex data processing
- Award winning identity resolution software
- And much more
- Work as part of an on-site project delivery team with internal and client-based project team members
- Lead design process, writes design documentation for market-leading customer query and web tracking tools
- Develop back-end application code for customer-facing Java/J2EE web applications
- Manages and enforces development standards
- Mentor to Junior and mid-level developers
- Author and often lead in presentations
- Writes technical documentation on wiki for other developers
- Test Engineering - Creating automated tests to exercise codes (JUnit and Selenium)
- Participates on conference calls (technical requirements gathering)
- Resolve defects during QA testing and in post-release patches
- Researches, recommends architecture feature improvements
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients
- Develops code that promotes reusability, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain
- Elevates code into the Development, Test, and Production environments on schedule
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must really enjoy coding
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (will consider work experience in lieu of degree)
- 6 or more years’ contiguous experience in:
- Java/J2EE experience with concentration on web application development
- Complex SQL queries
- JUnit Development
- Fundamental understanding of JVM memory management (Eden/PermGen/etc.)
- Experience w/ multithreading techniques
- Familiarity and able to intelligently discuss emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively build relationships; promote, and work well in, a collaborative team environment.
- Dojo, Angular, Ember or related technologies
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies
- Full comprehensive benefits package with health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K, paid vacation, personal & sick time
- Flexible hours & casual dress
- 10 paid holidays
- “Omeda Labs” – 6 days a year to work on any technology project that interests you
Omeda is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Local Applicants Only
H1B sponsorship is not available at this time.