Senior Software Dev & Engineering - C/C++
OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES
The Senior Software Engineer in the CPE SW Platform Engineering group provides technical leadership across Video CPE products and technologies. The individual in this role will be responsible for building and enhancing the browser platform for embedded devices and IPTV media player platform to most efficiently consume IP Video streams delivered to the CPE device using adaptive streaming protocols such as DASH/HLS. This role also needs the evaluation of new products/features and drives new feature and product initiatives into the Quality Assurance organizations and Operations and will be looked to as the SME in web browser and IP Video player space. Solid working knowledge of HTML5/Java
Script is highly desirable as the browser platform is an execution environment for HTML/Java
Script based web applications.
The role requires strong leadership and solid communications skills. The Engineer position requires the ability to work with Product Managers to define product requirements, provide direction to the Product Development engineering team, and drive the product through development and testing.
The ideal candidate would have 6+ years of hands on development experience in embedded devices using C++. The candidate will also have experience working with HTML / Java
Script and knowledge of Java
Script based frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, React etc. is much desirable.
A proven track record in delivery execution under aggressive schedule demands and competing priorities is a must. Experience working with open source community and agile development is highly desirable.
The Engineer must be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, drive development, and serve as technical interface to vendors, RD
K community partners and open source community to drive technology into our products.
- Work with cross-functional teams, third party vendors, and company product managers to define product specifications / technical requirements, and provide leadership in delivering quality products in a timely fashion
- Keeps current with technological developments within IP Video and web browser industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products and constantly strives to build best in class solutions for our customers
- Provides technical leadership throughout the software life cycle process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior Engineers
- Communicate with stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and Sr. Leadership as required
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
- Own the customer experience
- think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff
- be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team
- make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System
- a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company
- by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Experience working as senior engineer in leadership role
- At least 6 year's software development experience with a recent focus on IP Video and/or browser platforms on embedded devices
- Experience as a developer lead, working alongside other contributors.
- History leading successful triage and resolution of field issues
Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable creating and delivering presentations including design proposals, status updates, and metrics analysis
- Work with other teams Product, Quality Assurance, Partners, Vendors
- Reviewing, discussing, and implementing requirements
- Able to provide input on architecture and APIs
Strong programming language skill in C/C++ in embedded environment
- Crash, memory leak, and error handling analysis
- Experience with multithreading, IPC
- Good sensibilities for logging and readable code
- Experience optimizing code and profiling
Domain Knowledge IP Video
- DASH/HLS manifest/fragment structure
- Understanding of related concepts: buffering, adaptive bitrate
- DRM systems such as OpenCDM, Play
Ready, Widevie, AES-128
- Familiarity with native and/or MSE/EME HTML5 IP Video players
Following a Plus:
- Experience with web video application development using HTML, CSS, and Java
- GStreamer and/or FFMPEG experience a plus
- Experience integrating Java
- Good understanding of Webkit Browser and Media handling
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages such as Bash and Python. Well-versed and proficient with networking technologies and protocols
- Proficient in Unix/Linux/OSX environments
- Strong design and problem-solving skills
- Fast learner with a strong desire to learn
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience working with HTML5 / Java
Script and frameworks such as Node,js, Angular, React etc.
- OpenGL & Shaders
- Data/Metrics Analysis
- Experience with Architecture & API design
- Client Side DAI / Freewheel integrations
- RDK experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer