Senior React Native Developer
- Modern stack: work with React Native, Apollo, GraphQL, AppCenter.
- Small team - direct access to product owner & ability to shape the product.
- Flexible office hours
About the business
Sticki is an exciting new startup company who is building a dating and social platform. We've been running since early 2017 and are on the brink of launching and expanding into the marketplace.
We have a central location in Richmond, right next to the North Richmond train station, with many cafes and restaurants all nearby on Victoria St.
The Tech Stack
We're building a React Native app, heavily utilising the Apollo GraphQL platform (Server / Client). The frontend is continuously deployed to Android / iOS via App Center and CodePush, utilising Apollo-Link-State for state management and tested using Jest.
Our backend is predominantly Node.js hosted on Heroku, utilising the Prisma GraphQL ORM to interact with our Postgres datastore.
About the role
We're looking for a senior React Native developer, ideally with experience releasing and deploying to iOS and Android platforms. You will be helping us build & polish the already existing codebase and GraphQL (Apollo Server / Prisma / Postgres) backend, in order to start testing the market with our first users. Ideally, you will also weigh in on team hiring as we approach the production release of the app.
Benefits and perks
- Flexible work environment
- Flat business structure, team mentality rather than top-down corporate
- Potential to own significant equity in the company
- Startup space, build something great from the ground up
- Be part of the founding team
- Free coffee and fruit and snacks at offices
- Small intimate team
Skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Node, React and React Native
- 1-2 years experience with React Native
- Experience developing GraphQL APIs, caching and other server-side architectural patterns.
- Experience with Product Development (as opposed to agency work) preferred.