Senior React Developer
If you are a talented React developer, and you like to innovate, you must apply for this job.
The Web Development Team in Ryerson is not a classic corporate environment, you can still make a difference.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning and executing the implementation of ReactJS web and mobile apps for internal and external users.
- Collaborate and build a scalable, testable, and maintainable architecture.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Write HTML and CSS and work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers, executives, and designers to bring concepts to life.
- Minimum of 5 years developing for the web and/or mobile with a Bachelor’s in computer science Engineering, or similar technical degree; 10 years developing for the web and/or mobile with a High School Diploma.
- Preferred if the candidate is local; we can evaluate a remote position for the right candidate.
- 2+ year of experience working with React.js
- Strong experience with React and Redux
- Experience configuring and using front end build tools and packages managers such as npm, yarn, webpack, gulp
- Experience with Test-driven development frameworks such as Jest.
- Experience building single-page web application that performs and scale well in modern, mobile, and legacy browsers.
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs and/or API Gateways (GraphQL, ElasticSearch)
- Thorough code documentation and technical specifications
- Web application security should be one of your highest concerns. Knowledge in preventing and fixing exploits.
- Experience with enterprise level software solutions, agile methodologies
- Up to date knowledge of CSS3 and tools like SASS or LESS
- Extreme attention to detail, strong desire to grow and keep up with the latest trends in front end technology, being humble and open to criticism, have a passion in delivering the best product possible are essential qualities for being successful in this role.
If React is your middle name, and Redux is your dog's name you are the right person.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.