Senior Programmer/Developer - SAP Commerce Cloud - Hybris - Technical Lead
- Senior Programmer/Developer
- SAP Commerce Cloud
- Technical Lead (049724)Job Description Senior Programmer/Developer
- SAP Commerce Cloud
- Technical Lead-049724Description SAP Commerce Cloud Technical Lead The Technical Lead (TL) position is a senior development/supervisory position in the Capgemini SAP CX Team and supervises the day-to-day activity of the Development Team, as well as functions as a project team's most senior applications engineer. The TL partners functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect (TA) and the Project Manager (PM) or Application Coordinator (AC). The TL mentors, coaches and supports the junior members of the development team while collaborating with project leadership (TA, PM AC). On projects of smaller size and simple-to-intermediate complexity, the TL can be called upon to perform software development and is expected and required to have and maintain the skills of a Senior Back-end Developer (BED) on the platform.
SAP Commerce v. 6.2 or higher. Certification in additional SAP CX components is a plus
RequiredSkills:-Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint.-Creating and defining tasks in JIRA with sufficient detail for the developer to be able to execute the task
- including estimates for hours and deadlines-Developer Coaching, ensuring each Developer is equipped for success such that: 1) The developer understands the task objectives, requirements, constraints, approach; 2) The developer understands task estimates and deadlines; and 3) The developer understands relevant references and resources provided.
PreferredSkills:-B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience-Minimum recent experience: 6 years web development, 4 years in an E-commerce project and 3 years SAP Commerce Cloud platform.-Minimum 2 years of recent experience as a Technical Lead or as a senior developer in a leadership role-Capable of successfully leading Large Size or Complex projects or multiple Small Size or Simple Complexity projects.-Proficient in core E-commerce functionalities and platform specific customization.-Proficient understanding of SAP Commerce Cloud specific architecture.-Proficient in using and managing version control through Git
- including planning & creating branches and performing merges.-Proficient in merging Java, Spring, and Java
Script, including relevant libraries.-Proficient in effectively document complex functionality in code and documentation.-Ability to lead, enforce, and help define development standards.-Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts and the MVC paradigm.-Superior problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking.-Strong communication skills
- verbal and written (documentation, code, email etc.)-Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.-Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.-Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.-Proven track records of the meeting and exceeding goals.
- Proficient in leading & supervising application development teams and leading effective scrum meetings, release planning & management and sprint planning.-Experienced with automated unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Spock, Selenium)-Experience with Unix/Linux environments.-Previous experience with a professional consulting organization preferred
Platform / Technical Skills:-SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris)-Java, Spring Core & Spring MVC-Experience working with Database (such as HANA, MySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle)-JUnit framework and/or other Automated Testing Frameworks-HTML5, CSS3, LESS/SASS-Java
Script & jQuery-Angular, React, Vue, SPA/PWA-Web Services:
REST, SOAP-Web Developer Tools (e.g. Chrome, Firebug etc.)-Responsive Design-OO A&D, UML & Design Patterns-XML, XSD-Jenkins set up and configuration Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment. Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
QualificationsResponsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems.
Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
RequiredSkills and Experience: You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings.
Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
- Qualifications: 7 - 10 (3 years min relevant experience in the role) years experience, Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design. Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant
- Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion. Visit us at . People matter, results count. Job : Developer
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location : US-TX-Houston
Organization : NA LP DCX