Essence of the Role
- Ability to lead and architect a complex modern Angular project in both client and server-side environments.
- Ability to lead the front-end strategy for a project and make impactful decisions about the methodologies recommended to a client.
- At least five years experience building complex, scalable web-based applications that work with and consume API data.
- Experience with automated testing in modern Angular with frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor, Karma, Jasmine.
- Expert experience developing web-based applications using TypeScript, modern Angular and Node, including Server-side Angular.
- High-level of experience in the architectural concepts behind modern Angular, such as: state and data management, templating, TypeScript, creating a componentized system.
- High-level of experience in the understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility, performance and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Natural ability to ramp up and provide guidance to lesser experienced team members.
Nice to have
- Experience with Ionic for building native mobile applications
- Experience building Web components
- Experience with coding PHP, specifically for WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- Experience with WordPress Gutenberg.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around markup approach, cross-platform responsive interactions, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.
- Code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).