Senior Fullstack Web Developer
Job Posting DescriptionAre you a full stack web developer looking to make a global impact?
Come work on one of the highest profile projects across the field of biomedical informatics and health IT.The Computational Health Informatics Program (www.chip.org) at Boston Children's Hospital, a Harvard Medical School affiliate, is seeking an experienced full stack web developer to join the SMART Health IT team (http://smarthealthit.org).SMART is an internationally leading, open source, standards-based technology platform that enables innovators to create apps that seamlessly and securely run across the healthcare system.
SMART-gaining adoption by Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Medicare, health systems, health IT vendors, app developers and has been written into sweeping laws and regulations to promote a robust information economy. The Senior FullStack Web Developer shall be responsible for:
* Working on grant funded research projects, including developing new protocols and standards
* Developing and maintaining variety of CLI tools and libraries in NodeJS (or Python)
* Developing, deploying and maintaining web servers (NodeJS) and/or database servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Presto) on Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud or on dedicated RHEL VMs in the hospital network
* Developing and maintaining web applications (React, React Native, jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS, SCSS, etc…)
* Employing in-depth usage of SMART (OAuth 2) and FHIR (REST) APIs
* Analyzing data, generating, exporting or converting patient data in various formats
* Merging pull requests, fixing issues and providing support for the community on the SMART on FHIR mailing list.
* Scoping development work for new contracts and grant submissions
* Being involved in presentations, papers and reports for grant-funded research projects
* Traveling (2
- 4 times per year) to attend health IT events to promote and support the SMART on FHIR communityIn order to qualify you must have:
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience, plus at least 5 years of experience in real-world software development.
* Lives and breathes full stack web development using open-source development and tools, can discuss the pros and cons of various web application toolkits.
* Writes quality code: source control, testing, and clear documentation are all musts.
* Experience with at least one web framework.
* Be comfortable doing basic system administration in a Linux environment.
* Familiarity with both statically and dynamically typed languages.
* Share a link to your work on GitHub. The following strengths would be most welcome on the team:
- Express or HAPI.
* React, jQuery.
* FHIR and/or OAuth2 (ideally SMART) experience.
* Experience with SQL and relational databases.
* React Native, Redux.
* Writing CLI apps in NodeJS.
* Strong UI development skills, including HTML, CSS, Less, SVG.
* DOM and deep understating of the browser constrains (from ES2018 down to IE8
* and ES3).
- know how to setup and manage linux server VMs, Docker.
* Python, JSON, XML, Git (GitHub).
* Big Data and ML.
* Manage AWS and Heroku and Google Cloud.
* NoSQL, MySQL Cluster.
* HAPI server (http://hapifhir.io/).Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits. Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Senior Fullstack Web DeveloperSanta Monica, California CyberCoders Jul, 16
Senior Fullstack Web DeveloperBoston, Massachusetts Boston Childrens’ Hospital Jul, 15
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.