Senior Full Stack Web Developer at Applied Research Associates in Raleigh, NC
Applied Research AssociatesRaleigh, NC
Senior Full Stack Web Developer
ARA is considerably expanding our team of Full Stack Web Software Developers, in Raleigh, NC to accommodate growth in our defense-oriented enterprise systems project portfolio, which includes support to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and Intelligence Community. As a member of this team, you would be designing, developing, and enhancing web/cloud-based multi-user enterprise software as well as supporting interaction with desktop and mobile platforms.
ARA intends to hire for the long-term. We are an employee-owned company looking for new employees that will help make our company better. This role, and in fact any role at ARA, will have potential opportunities for future growth. These may include additional projects, technical leadership, software architecture, and project or personnel management. Senior Full Stack Web Developer
- Java is preferred, but experience in other languages such as C#, PHP, or Python is acceptable. Teamwork : An ability to work well on and demonstrate leadership in a project team that often includes interdisciplinary experts. We are looking for people that can lead a team and work effectively independently.
EducationA minimum of a Bachelor's degree (but Masters or PhD preferred) in a relevant area ( e.g. , Computer Science) with 7-9 years of experience related to the position. Attitude : A positive can-do attitude befitting of an ARA employee-owner and awareness of ARA's Core Values of Passion, Freedom, Service, and Growth (see http://ara.com/who-we-are for details). Security : All of the projects hiring under this posting require candidates to be able to attain some level of US security clearance. Therefore, only candidates with US citizenship can be considered for employment under this posting and existing clearances will be strongly preferred. Senior Full Stack Web Developer Preferences: Web Client Standards
- SQL ( e.g. , MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle), and non
- SQL ( e.g. , Mongo, others) DevOps
- IntelliJ, source control (e.g., Git), build tools (e.g., JDK tools, Maven, and Gradle), continuous integration (e.g., GitLab, Jenkins, TeamCity), Task/Bug Tracking (e.g., Jira) Service Interfaces
- HTTP/HTTPS/SSL, Web
- Services ( e.g. , JAX-RS), Servlets, JSP, JSF, Spring, EJB, or similar. Enterprise Servers - including Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss/Wildfly, TomEE, or others. Other stacks such as Node.js and Django may be a plus for select projects. Web Standards
- JSON, XML, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), and similar. Cloud Tools
- Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift, virtual machines, AW
S services, and other cloud services. Design Tools
- UML, Use
- Cases, Class diagraming, Entity Relationship diagrams Development Processes: Agile, Spiral/Incremental processes In addition, special consideration will be given to cross-functional candidates with experience/expertise that enables them to wear multiple hats at ARA. Please indicate if you believe you are also qualified for and interested in other ARA roles, specifically Web Client Developer and Mobile App Developer. About Us: Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow.
ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. Around ARA you are equally likely to hear a conversation about Kubernetes clusters as you are a debate on merits of a reverse polish notation (RPN) calculator While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a benefits package, relocation opportunities, and challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norms. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace . I n 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source
- AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs, and so on. We are also very proud of our Women's Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com. Experience.
Required 7 - 9 years: Relevant experience Education.
Required Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-
1. 35(c) See job description
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.