Senior Full Stack Engineer
Job SummaryThe Payment Product team at Boku is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join us. This position is based in Denver, CO area but will be working remotely and collaboratively with the team in the San Francisco Bay Area. As part of the Payment Product team, you will be responsible for end-to-end development of our payment products and features. You will be challenged with building scalable, customizable, and frictionless checkout experience for millions of Boku's customers around the world. About Boku: Incorporated in 2008, Boku is one of the world's leading providers of carrier billing and mobile identity solutions. Using nothing more than a user's mobile phone, Boku's technology can verify a user's identity, execute a payment, or provision a new service, radically simplifying common, everyday mobile interactions between consumers and businesses. This is possible because Boku's platform can access the internal billing, identity, and sales systems of mobile operators globally. Businesses who utilize Boku's platform include major brands such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook, Spotify, Netflix, Paypal, Experian, Fiserv, Western Union, Uber, and Discover. Boku was originally financed through top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, DAG Ventures, Index Ventures, Khosla Ventures and NEA. Today, Boku is publicly traded on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange (AIM: BOKU.L)We're a small company, but we have a global reach. We work face-to-face with colleagues and collaborate across disciplines. But our clients, partners and operations are all over the world. Boku is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it's the people that make the company. The mix of cultures, viewpoints, and experiences are vital for a global company like ours and every person's contribution is valued. If you are looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, we are the ideal company for you. What you will do:
* Work hands-on with a highly skilled team of Engineers and Product Managers to ideate, build, and improve Boku payment products and features
* An ability to think through customer's pain points and requirements and to come up with a simple, elegant solution
* Design, build, and enhance the frontend UI and backend APIs required for the products.
* Own the products that you build, become the domain expert, and be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
* Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and release
* Mentors and coaches' other engineers
* Sharing knowledge and drive best practices in frontend web development across the Engineering teams by giving brown bags, writing article, etcWe're looking for someone who has:
* 5+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
* Strong software design and architecture skills
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Quality Assurance, Finance, Merchant Onboarding, etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document and explain technical design, best practices, and integration guide to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience building and maintaining high-volume, customer-facing product in the cloud (AWS, GCP, etc).
* Hands-on software development experience in Java.
* Hands-on software development experience in one or more modern Java
Script frameworks (AngularJS, React, Vue, etc)
* Meet eligibility requirements to work in the US
* Willingness to travel to San Francisco several times a year or as needed. Bonus points:
* Experience with service-oriented architecture
* Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies, e.g.
REST, SOAP, SMPP
* Experience with some (or all) of the following technologies/frameworks/tools: Maven, Git, MySQL, JMS, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Jersey, Jetty, Kubernetes.
* Experience using agile methodologies and tools