Senior Full-Stack Engineer
ATOM is changing the consulting industry by blending true business acumen and technology consulting together to unlock wonders for our clients. At ATOM, a client isn t just an organization, a client is a person. Whether we re writing code to build a product that breaks through new revenue goals or we re crafting a leadership+technology strategy that will redefine a company s next-generation, we live in a world where the solutions are both wide and deep.
What Are We Looking For:
As an agency, ATOM exists to serve its client's needs and in order to best do this, we look for the most talented and experienced developers we can find. And most importantly, we re developers too you won t find any detached management who have never coded here at ATOM.
What Will You Be Doing:
You ll be a key part of a small team consisting of a few Developers, a Project Manager, a UX Lead and often the Client. You ll be communicating with the team via Slack, email, Jira, and Zoom. The coding will usually be full-stack, could be open-source or .Net, probably will involve AWS or Azure, and could be greenfield, app modernization, or adding features to legacy projects. We ll want you to be comfortable and excited to learn new technologies, frameworks, and languages.
- Develop software solutions by evaluating requirements; conferring with clients and peers; studying systems flow, data models, and system integration points; considering mobile, accessibility, and usage at scale; following the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate problem definition, requirements, and propose solutions.
- Assist in and/or directly develop flowcharts, documentation, requirement documents, and prototypes
- Write well-designed, testable, performant, and secure code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional system
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and occasional overnight travel.
Normally you would work out of ATOM s Portsmouth, NH office primarily, but due to the pandemic, you will have the option to work remotely.
ATOM is currently operating with a full-remote option available to all employees for the immediate future given COVID-19.
RequiredEducation and Experience
- Experience with relational databases (we use MySql and MS SQL normally, Postgres occasionally), SQL, and ORMs
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Experience with design and architectures built for scale, speed, and security
- Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure is a bonus!
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field is nice but not required
What We Offer
- All the standard benefits: Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and a 401k plan with a 4% company match
- Flexible schedules and flexible work-from-home. We understand that sometimes life events happen and you need the flexibility to be at home or away from the office
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off (PTO) You do still need to come to work!
We support taking time off to enjoy your interests outside of working at ATOM
- Dog-friendly office
- The occasional mid-day wine tasting or after-hours gathering!
- An open ear for your thoughts on ways we can work better as a team. We re a small organization and we value diversity of thought.
How to Apply:
Please forward resume to ...@theatomgroup.com