Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Tools is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Frontend Team. This position is perfect for someone interested in building powerful cybersecurity products and features for our enterprise customers. Our solutions help fuel mission critical efforts for customers including gathering threat intelligence, doing threat hunting, performing online fraud investigation, and more.
Tools, you will work as part of a collaborative team of smart and engaged engineers. Expect to spend most of your time developing modern Java
Script single page applications powered by PHP middleware APIs. You will work in an environment where productivity is fostered. You will spend very little time in meetings, and you won't be distracted by processes that get in the way of high-quality results.
Are you well versed in using CSS and UX to make beautiful and streamlined designs?
Do you have experience scaling Kubernetes clusters in the cloud?
Have you worked with modern PHP OOP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony?
Have you built successful end to end testing solutions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions we would like to chat with you. However, it is required that you are very comfortable with Java
- Produce well designed, testable, efficient code using software development best practices.
- Integrate with and utilize data from backend services and databases.
- Build web applications using ES7/HTML5/CSS3 best practices.
- Contribute to new product ideation and implementation.
- Contribute to feature development of existing and new anti-cybercrime tools.
- Provide code reviews and design feedback with teammates.
- Become a subject matter expert on Domain
Tools' customer facing products and services.
- Work experience: 5+ years of modern web application development.
- Solid knowledge of the following:
Script (ES7+, React)
- Object oriented PHP 7 programming
- HTML5 and CSS3+
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience with user acceptance testing (Test
- Experience working with MySQL databases.
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration platforms (particularly Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience using agile principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with configuring Babel, Webpack, and ESLint.
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony).
- Experience working with AWS or cloud platforms.
- Experience with UX design and related concepts.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
Tools is the leader in domain name, DN
S and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DN
S and related 'cyber fingerprint' data across the Internet, Domain
Tools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
Tools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.