Senior Front End Engineer
Who We Are:
Merrill Corporation as an organization is moving very fast in a new direction. This is a very exciting time for the company and has provided amazing opportunity for everyone. We have new leadership working to innovate on everything from the product discovery and delivery to changing the culture and work environment. Merrill strongly believes in empowered teams and ownership. Merrill is passionate about building product innovation, DevOps culture and fully cross functional teams.
The new core platform a Virtual Data Room (VDR) where Mergers and Acquisitions take place. It is a microservices architecture with multiple web/mobile applications built on top. We are using a combination of open source and third party libraries/frameworks such as Eureka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Microsoft Azure and many more modern technologies. We are always open to trying new ways to build the best platform on the market.
Our Front End Engineers build reliable and well-designed web apps that provide high value to our customers. We work closely with our product and UX teams to craft the right experience and at the same time we collaborate with our strong engineering team to make sure that our web apps are fast, secure and maintainable.
What Your Day to Day will look like:
- Working with business partners to define our front end roadmap as we explore new technologies, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Designing secure and scalable solutions for a modern web environment.
- Writing high quality code, including tests and documentation.
- Defining and improving web apps architecture.
- Providing mentorship and leadership for code consistency, good architecture practices and effective Unit/UI testing.
- Working collaboratively with UI/UX and Product partners that are guides in responsive design and user experience.
- Proficiency in modern MV*(MVC, MVVM, etc..) frameworks such as Angular, Backbonejs, or EmberJS.
- Proficiency with UI testing using third party tools such as Cucumber/Capybara, Karma, Mocha or Jasmine.
- Familiar with modern CSS libraries or view libraries such as Bootstrap or Angular Material.
- Familiar with UI build tools such as gulp and grunt.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration(CI) / Continuous Delivery(CD)
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching)
- Familiar with RESTful API design
- 5 years + of experience in product or large scale web app development.
- Familiar with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- (e.g., well-designed APIs, distributed architecture, 12 factor apps)
- Experience mentoring technical team members
Single page application
What we offer:
Merrill offers full-time employees a competitive salary and benefits package.
Merrill Communications LLC prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other status protected by law.