SENIOR FRONT END DEVELOPER
Our Companies Web Solutions team is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven Senior Developer/Tech Lead with Front End experience. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team responsible for frontend and mobile application development at The Company. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership skills and have experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision. We are always innovating and exploring new technologies in this space and the right individual would have to be willing to work outside their comfort zone and pioneer new strategies in this fast paced environment.
In addition, candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate should be able to take decisions quickly in consultation with the team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Mentor and train project team members to enforce development guidelines and best practices in the Front End space
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
- Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
- As needed will assist in managing our mobile lab environment used for mobile testing and assisting on mobile development projects.
- Works closely with other developers and mentor them in good design and development practices
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of front end programming experience
- Experience with HMTL, CSS, JS/TS are foundational to this position. This aspect of the position will oversee development on and existing library of Bootstrap components used on many websites throughout The Company
- Experience with Front-End Application Development tools, techniques and implementations, including frameworks such as Node.js, NPM, Angular, Gulp, Sass, Ionic, Cordova, Bootstrap, Handlebars etc.
- Familiarity with GIT and GitHub Flow
- Familiarity with Agile and Inner Source methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with React, Vue, Stenciljs a plus
Nice to have:
- Experience with single page web app (SPA) and mobile hybrid design and development.
- Solid understanding of the iOS and Android operating systems and mobile development
- Experience with Mobile Technologies
- Development tools such as Android Studio and Xcode are key to being successful in this role