Senior Developer and Architect
***Please note that the State of California requires you to complete the Civil Service application process and applying on LinkedIn does not complete this process. If you would like to complete the application process, please click on LinkedIn s Easy Apply button. Your phone number and resume will be sent to one of our specialized recruiters and they will contact you to discuss next steps.***
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to complex challenges?
Can you see the importance of every detail?
The Department of Justice is looking for you!
The California Department of Justice Information Services Division, Application Development Bureau is seeking a Senior Developer and Architect (IT Specialist I) will develop sophisticated system capabilities, design and implement cloud based solutions, develop required interfaces between internal and external systems. Duties will include client and vendor interaction to obtain information used to customize and develop the most complex software to achieve the desired results as well as the expertise in the development tools and languages required to develop and maintain complex applications, resolve complex technical problems with application and/or infrastructure including but not limited to system performance issues, and the ability to write complex scripts and procedures, analyze data and situations, reason logically, identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions.
A bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for four years of the required general information technology experience.
- Strong working knowledge on Frameworks including Spring Core, Spring MVC, Springboot, Spring JPA.
- Strong working knowledge on Java EE components including Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, and Java Message Service (JMS) etc.
- Strong working knowledge on ORM Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA), Eclipse
Link, and OpenJPA.
- Working knowledge on Java build tools Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
- Working experience with Java application Servers including Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, WebLogic, and WebSphere.
- Expert working knowledge on Java testing tools including JUnit, TestNG, Spock, Mockito, and Cucumber.
- Strong working knowledge on IoC frameworks Spring Framework, Guice, and CDI.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services
- SOAP / REST.
- Working knowledge on Markup Languages such as XML and JSON.
- Strong knowledge on SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers and the ability Tune SQL Queries.
- Work experience on Continuous Integration and Delivery with Jenkins.
- Work experience on Sonar, Artifactory or similar tools, Zed Proxy Attack or similar tools, JMeter or similar tools.
- Working Knowledge on SAS Reporting and Cognos reporting is a plus.
Don't miss out on your opportunity to help protect and serve the citizens of California!
Press the LinkedIn Easy Apply button to take the first step towards a new career in public service!