Senior Application Developer
Note: This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit materials as soon as possible. First application review will be September 14, 2020, and will continue weekly until filled.**
This position has been allocated as IT App Development
The OpportunityIn this position you will serve as a technical lead for a team of agile software developers and quality assurance specialists. This position will architect, design, write, test and implement software, as well as troubleshoot and update the software that authorizes the distribution of funds consistent with legislative intent.
About OFMOFM is a great place to work!
Our mission is to support and improve government on behalf of all Washingtonians. As an employee of OFM, you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals who work every day to fulfill this mission by providing vital information, fiscal services, policy support and technology services that the governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people of Washington.
We are a dynamic and high-performing agency that is responsible for a wide range of activities that are critical to the efficient operation of the state government enterprise. We are committed to supporting the growth and development of our employees and support the following values:
- Fostering an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to hire, cultivate and retain a competitive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Encouraging a healthy life/work balance by offering flexible/alternative work schedules, wellness activities, mobile arrangements and teleworking opportunities.
- Making strides in modernizing our work environment by thinking outside the cubicle and providing workspaces that promote creative collaboration, drive efficiency, and best suit the important work we do.
- Offering an Infants at Work Program to promote parent and infant bonding, parental well-being and healthy infant development. Depending upon job duties, work location and supervisor approval, eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers or legal guardians can bring their infant (six weeks to six months) when returning to work.
What will you be doing?
- Serving as a technical lead, setting the direction for a portfolio of custom, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to support statewide budget and legislative functions or the Office of the Governor.
- Architecting, designing, writing, testing, implementing and supporting complex software solutions.
- Participating in or leading an agency Community of Practice group for .NET development practices and methods.
- Researching emergent technologies and independently making determinations for use based on experience and understanding of software development methodologies.
- Translating development concepts and principles into working software solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers to successfully assimilate new methods into working practice.
- Working to resolve incidents relating to applications, environment, platform, software or hardware.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting emergent issues of an unknown nature that may exist in the application, underlying server or network environment.
- Participating in problem management to identify permanent solutions.
- Defining and presenting best practice recommendations around solution architecture, technical standards, and design patterns to development teams and supporting groups. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer programming or a closely aligned field.
- Seven years of recent professional IT experience that includes:
- Developing and enhancing applications using Visual Studio, C#, VB.Net or ASP.Net
- Developing web applications using HTML, CSS, Java
Script, ASP.NET, MVC, JQuery, or XML.
- Writing and accessing database code using T-SQL, stored procedures, and Entity Framework.
- Applying development standards in a managed environment.
- Using advanced diagnostic techniques to resolve application or data issues.
- Working across multiple disciplines (i.e., business analysis, project management, data management or systems administration) as part of the software development life cycle.
NOTE:Additional years of experience may substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years of recent experience designing object-oriented solutions and design patterns.
- Three years of recent experience engineering complex application solutions for enterprise systems.
- Three years of recent experience using Angular, JQuery, Bootstrap, or other related Java
- Expert level skills and experience in enterprise systems and development technologies and methods.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification.
- Understanding of the Washington state budget and legislative processes. Supplemental Information
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information you provide, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the required and desirable qualifications described above.
We would love to hear from you!
Click "Apply" to submit your application and include the following REQUIRED items:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
- A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers (either in the online application or as an attachment).
The Office of Financial Management is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application process, or who wish to receive this job announcement in an alternative format, may call 360-###-#### or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: 711 Relay. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-###-####.
For questions about this recruitment or to request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email
* ...@ofm.wa.gov or call us at 360-###-####*.
- $112,176.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Office of Financial Management
Job Number: 2020-05861
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact