Senior Angualar JS Developer – Remote 2-3 Days Or Uber Stipend Considered
Are you looking to continually learn and grow your software development skill set and stay exposed to new technologies and concepts? MBX is looking for an experienced senior full-stack developer with expertise in Angular to join our growing Software Development team. The ideal candidate is experienced and passionate about solving some of the harder challenges across the entire software stack.
In this role, you will work with a progressive group of developers on a variety of applications. Our objective is to bring modern design and concepts to enterprise applications in the hardware manufacturing technology world. We’ve built a suite of cutting-edge engineering and enterprise cloud applications that make up the foundation of our business operations.
We are a constantly-evolving team of polyglots eager to use the best tool for the job. Currently, we’re in the process of building a complex toolset that we’re taking to a larger audience, including configurable bill of material management, material forecasting, engineering workflow application, and much more.
What you’ll do
You’ll be working on various challenges as we continue to deploy client applications based on Angular 4 using TypeScript. Our API is written in Ruby and we’re looking for help in moving to something more performant.
- Develop software applications
- Build tooling
- Improve the design of our backend API
- Perform testing with JS test frameworks
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Work directly with end users to gather scope requirements
What would make you a strong fit
- Expertise in Angular 1.x and 4
- Expertise in API design
- Experience developing with various backend languages
- Strong understanding and passion for software design, architecture, and usability
- Good testing practices/experience with JS test frameworks
- Experience working with various database systems
- Exhibit clear and direct communication
- Experience with full stack development
- Passion for seeing projects through to the end
- Understanding of basic Linux administration; knowledge of Nginx, Docker, and Puppet is a plus
Please include a link to your GitHub repo of any applications that you were primarily responsible for developing. Links to pull requests for other frameworks, libraries and applications are also much appreciated.
Why you’ll love working at MBX
- We’re a progressive and interesting culture of curious people. We crave knowledge and value ongoing learning and education. We are a driven, creative and energetic group.
- We offer a flexible work schedule. Team members have the option to work up to three days on a remote basis.
- We invest substantially in technology. We strive to implement the best tools and invest in our team to foster innovation.
- We work sane hours. Work/life balance is important to us, so you won’t find 50+ hour work weeks here.
- We offer extremely industry-competitive salary and benefits.
- You will work in a relaxed environment with a heavy emphasis on employee happiness.
- You will get direct feedback on your work and know first-hand what a difference you are making for end users. You will meet some of your users face-to-face and see your improvements to their day-to-day life.
- While in the office you’ll enjoy large, spacious cubes and beautiful views of nature.
- You will work on a variety of different project types that touch every part of our business.
A little about us
Everything we do at MBX stems from our passion to help successful tech companies simplify the process of bringing their products to market on hardware. You’ll find MBX-built products branded with our customers’ names around the world, in places like the White House, Disney World, and ESPN, to data centers around the globe streaming movies and shows to your phones, laptops, and TVs (but those names are a well-guarded secret).
We strive to hire bright, curious people with a fascination for technology to help us bring together every complex facet of delivering our customers’ hardware. Whether your forte is engineering, software development, manufacturing, or another role that supports the business, the common denominator is that we all put customers at the center of our universe. We hire diverse, yet like-minded, individuals who can share our passions and model our habits to exceeded customer expectations.
A little more about us (if you care to keep reading)
Our coming of age story is pretty unique. The company started in a four-wall storefront in 1995 in suburban Chicago selling computer components to consumers from a catalog. We were wildly successful, even winning awards because people liked doing business with us. From there we expanded into building complete computing systems, and we kept growing - and moving - and expanding, until finally in 2012, we landed in Libertyville, IL, in an 84,000 square foot facility only about a half hour east of where we started.
While we don’t build computers for consumers anymore, two things haven’t changed: hardware still runs through our veins and people still like doing business with us. Today we work with some of the largest technology companies in the world who deploy hardware-based products in some way, shape, or form. We operate other locations, too: a manufacturing and logistics facility in the EU - MBX Netherlands, and a regional sales and engineering office in San Jose, CA, plus stocking, logistics, and support services around the globe.
We’ve won around 20 awards within the last decade for the kinds of things that our customers and employees value most: operational excellence, impeccable quality, a great company culture, maintaining a top workplace, and providing a world-class customer experience.
Want to hear what our employees say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSSDEl74w98
MBX Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer