Senior Active Directory Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Active Directory Engineer
Do you have experience with Microsoft s Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AWS Directory Services, Microsoft AD on AWS, Google Cloud Directory, similar LDAP or cloud vendor-based platform?
Possess an innate desire to learn and work on new and exciting technology and design solutions that push the boundaries of bleeding edge technologies as it relates to identity and directory services today and into the future?
If so, then this opportunity might be for you.
Capital One is looking for an experienced Senior Directory Services Engineer to help drive the enterprise directory strategy forward for the Identity and Access Management organization. As a member of the Directory Services Platform team within Identity and Directory Services, the Senior Directory Services Engineer will be responsible for developing, engineering, deploying and supporting comprehensive solutions based on a client's unique and complex requirements and problems as they relate to identity and directory services. The Sr. Engineering will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for the automation of tasks, processes, or entire solutions and acting on them, as well as identifying any opportunities for improvement in the environment.
Candidates for this role should have an expert level knowledge and experience with complex enterprise level Active Directory environments and other enterprise LDAP platforms. Candidates should be passionate about delivering a highly secure and stable environment with an eye for continuous improvement. The individual should have experience with integrating new and emerging technologies into an environment and welcomes the opportunity to work on cloud-based platforms from AWS, Microsoft, and Google.
- Analyze, design, and support a highly complex, enterprise level Active Directory service in a hybrid on-premises and cloud hosted environment.
- Manage enterprise identity cloud directories including Microsoft Azure AD, AWS Microsoft AD, and Google Cloud Domain Directory.
- Translate business needs into workable technology solutions that meet the needs of internal customers.
- Participate in or lead troubleshooting and incident resolution of complex high severity incidents
- Develop automated solutions using scripts and cloud-based server-less computing platforms
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design, and implementation documentation
- Analyze current Directory Services environment to identify both technical and operational opportunities and develop continuous improvement action plans.
- Participate in disaster recovery, capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance to ensure high availability.
Key Terms: Active Directory, Windows, Microsoft, Azure, AzureAD, AWS, Google Cloud, Powershell, IAM, Directory Services, LDAP
- High School Diploma, GE
D or Equivalent Certification
- At least 5 years of experience with Active Directory
- At least 5 years of experience with engineering and operational support
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows security, delegation of permissions, and group policy management
- At least 3 years of experience with Windows Server 2012 or 2016 Active Directory
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Security, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2 + years of experience supporting Active Directory in a cloud hosted environment from AWS, Microsoft, or Google
- 2 + years of experience with cloud-based directories such as Microsoft Azure, AWS Microsoft AD, and Google Cloud Domain Directory
- 2 + years of experience supporting PKI and Active Directory Certificate Services
- 2 + years of experience developing complex scripts in Power
Script, Python or other languages to develop automated solutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.