PwC Digital - Solution Architect at PwC in Seattle, WA
PwC Digital - Solution Architect
A career in PwC Digital Products will provide you the opportunity to design and develop products to help our clients lead the next phase of their evolution. We are industry specialists who build products connected to a purpose. Spanning across four strategic areas of transformation, our products tackle the very real challenges our clients face today, and unlock new opportunities for growth in the future. Our team leads the planning and design of the overall technical vision of our products and accelerators. To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
* Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
* Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
* Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
* Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
* Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
* Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
* Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
* Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
* Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
* Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
* Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Job Requirements and Preferences:
Basic QualificationsMinimum Degree Required: High School Diploma.
Minimum Years of
Preferred QualificationsDegree Preferred: Bachelor Degree.
Preferred Fields of Study: Analytics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics.
TOGAF, PMI and/or certifications in programming, business intelligence/data warehousing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects, including:
* Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints;
* Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum;
* Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
* Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL;
* Technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
* Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Cloud based HDInsight, EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
* Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
* Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
* Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
* Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AW
S a plus. Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects, emphasizing leading of teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multi-discipline development, including:
* Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
* Communicating based on the audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
* Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture, including solution components and interactions;
* Architecting and designing cross industry business solutions using industry leading practices in technology, performance and scalability;
* Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
* Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture and services, and where appropriate, work with Platform Architect to help define and create new services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
* Collaborating with Platform, Solution, Application and Data Architects towards creating industry leading approaches, architecture design and solutions in a rapidly evolving development environment;
* Working with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the platform and solution offerings;
* Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality;
* Contributing to ongoing process and methodology improvements; and,
* Establishing architecture governance with compliance of technology solutions with architectural patterns and standards. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.