Principal Software Developer Java at Ceres Group in Boston, Massachusetts
Ceres GroupBoston, Massachusetts
Principal Software Developer (Java, AWS, GoCD, Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS, React, Ang
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at the firm. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance..Tech at the firm offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company - that's our opportunity for you. We have been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. If you're a curious learner who wants to develop customer-centric products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Principal Software Developer, you will work with your product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. The firm is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey. In this role, you would:
* Performs complex to highly complex source code development.
* Assists in complex to highly complex unit test case development.
* Develops complex to highly complex test scripts.
* Assists in the development of production support documentation.
* Provides functional/system integration testing support.
* Performs Quality Assurance architecture and design guide review.
* Contributes complex to highly complex technical alternatives.
* Conducts complex to highly complex impact analysis.
* Develops complex to highly complex component design.
* Provides complex to highly complex system/application architecture.
* Develops Build and Deployment guide.
* Develops guidelines and standards. In this role, you would:
* Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 8+ years of professional experience.
* Expertise with a modern programming language (preferably Java). Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based software solutions.
* Thorough knowledge of software development best-practices and concepts (TDD, BDD, etc.).
* Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Bamboo/Jenkins/GoCD, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.).
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS/Dynamo, etc.).
* Passion for technical leadership and mentoring.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly competitive applicants will have:
* Experience with front-end technologies (React, AngularJS, etc.) a large plus.
* Familiarity of modern security development principles and practices a large plus.
* Strong knowledge of quality best-practices (various types of tests, performance, etc.) a large plus.
* Experience building cloud-based microservices a plus.
* Experience with Spring, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Docker, New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic a plus.
* Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Voice (Alexa Voice Service, Siri, Cortana, etc.) a plus.
* Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS) a plus.
* Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development a plus.
BenefitsWe strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Philanthropic giving and volunteer opportunities
Benefits* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Annual Hackathon#LI-MG1
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.