Principal Software Developer at Waters Corporation in Milford, MA
Waters CorporationMilford, MA
Principal Software Developer
The Waters Corporation Instrument Control Software Team is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join a Milford-based team of distributed, talented developers and designers to help successfully implement a set of next generation embedded web applications using Angular. The successful candidate will have broad web-stack development experience and excels at communication and multi-site team collaborations. It is also highly desirable that the candidate has designed and developed software that interacts with physical devices such as scientific instrumentation.
Responsibilities* Contribute to design and implementation of a new generation of web apps.
* Collaborate with adjacent software and hardware teams to negotiate optimal/extensible contracts and interfaces to assure robust transactions and transfer of data.
* Regularly collaborate with the Interaction Design Lead to ensure that the platform architecture can deliver the appropriate user experience.
* Regularly collaborate with the Product Owner to refine work items in the backlog and in sprints.
* Keep up-to-date with web-stack development and related technologies.
Qualifications* BS. or higher in Computer Science (or similar field) or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
* 7+ years experience developing software using web tools and technologies.
* Expert level software development in Web technologies (JS/TS, HTML, CSS/SCSS)
* Expert level experience in web frameworks (Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js and RxJS)
* Functional understanding of architectural styles and design patterns.
* Clear and coherent written and oral communication.
* Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Familiarity with IoT, Cloud, Security and Internationalization, desirable.
* Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
* Proficient in Atlasian Toolset (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)Company Description.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries. Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics. Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Wordsprincipal software engineer, angular, iot, cloud, web-stack development, embedded development, instrument control software
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.