Principal Software Architect at Ultimate Software in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ultimate Software📌 Fort Lauderdale, FL
You will be redirected to Ultimate Software's preferred application process.
Principal Software Architect
Ultimate Software is looking to hire Lead Software architects to lead and mentor software architects and technical leads in designing and delivering scalable, resilient, adaptable, performant, and cloud-native services. This person will serve as a member of the Development organization and the Software Architecture community, with oversight on projects focused on design, integration and technical strategies that will help establish the technical vision for the future scale of Ultimate Software. They will establish the starting point for architectural decisions, patterns and practices, and enterprise architecture scale and efficiencies that will shape how software development and technology adoption will evolve at Ultimate. As a technical leader in the Development organization, this person will be responsible for leading a team of architects, and technical leads, and will partner with Product Owners and Engineering Owners towards successful analysis, planning, design, and delivery of the solutions. Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People.
UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people.
UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired?
Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key
Responsibilities* Collaborate with Development Senior Leadership in defining and understanding the business requirements tied to imperative business strategic goals.
* Lead a group of Architects and technical leads towards the evolution and implementation of Ultimate Software's product and technical strategy.
* Serve as Technical Ambassadors of goodwill for our internal Technical Community as well as the external Tech Industry and Academia communities.
* Partner with Product Owners, Engineering Owners when making roadmap, design, architectural, and engineering impacting decisions.
* Lead the team to effectively communicate and present the architectural decisions and technical strategies so that development teams properly understand why the strategies need to be adopted.
* Lead the team in development of architectural significant proofs-of-concept solutions, to assist development teams in accelerating the adoption of the technical strategy.
* Lead the team to develop and maintain a set of incubated coded libraries and components in inner-sourced repositories.
* Lead the team to serve as technical strategic advisors to research work being executed in the Development organization.
* Lead the team to build and maintain critical partnership and collaborative work with the external technical industry, open source communities, and academia.
* Lead the team to speak on large stages, conferences, and events in order to communicate Ultimate's technology story.
* Lead the team to prepare and publish materials for the submission of patents, as needed.
Required Qualifications* 10+ years of Software Architecture and Software Development experience.
* 8+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software and cloud development (ideally in PaaS and SaaS)
* 8+ years' experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems
* 5+ years experience building, managing, and leading architects and technical leads
* Expert understanding of security, reliability, scalability, high availability, and concurrency architectural patterns and solutions.
* Expert in solution design across the full technology stack, including for public and hybrid cloud deployments.
* Expert in patterns and solutions that enable evolutionary architectures, leveraging flexibility and creativity when balancing the present technologies with emerging ones when formulating new strategies.
* Influential speaker and an expert in designing and delivering presentations on large stages, including technical keynotes.
* Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
* Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Prior experience with messaging and event streaming solutions (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kafka Streams, Spark)
* Prior experience with agile development, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and SRE practices
* Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (compute, storage, networking)
* Proficient in at least one static OO language (Java, Scala, C#)
* Proficient in at least one web application framework (Angular, React)
* Proficient in at least one mobile application framework (Apple xCode, Swift, Android Studio, Ionic)
* Proficient in current development tools (Github, Gitlab, CLI, Vim, Jetbrains, Xamarin, Visual Studio, Concourse.ci, CircleCI, Jenkins )
* Bachelors or Masters in Science with a specialization in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Engineering is required.
Preferred Qualifications* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Science, Mathematics, or Engineering is preferred. Travel
Requirements* 20-30% travel to other ultimate Software Offices will be required. This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company's online employment application, please contact ...@ultimatesoftware.com. Beware of phishing or suspicious messages that appear to come from a trusted or known source and that asks for personal information, account information or requests that you send money to cover expenses associated with a job or otherwise. Ultimate Software does not ask for this information from our job applicants or candidates and never asks for any applicant or candidate to send money. It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent "recruiters" have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click "Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email address. If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email ...@ultimatesoftware.com.
You will be redirected to Ultimate Software's preferred application process.
Job Expires: December 21, 2020
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.