Principal Dev Ops EngineerJob Requisition ID #
Are you looking for a high energy team where you can make a direct contribution to Autodesk s digital business transformation, bringing in dev ops engineering practices to an IT organization?
As a key part of the DBP technology modernization initiative, we are investing in present and future capability, building a new execution platform to integrate to our portfolio of packaged finance applications to deliver a higher level of service, reliability, scale and functionality to our key internal customers and stakeholders.
DBP delivers capabilities to support our evolving business models and finance operations. We originate, plan, build and run the foundational applications and services for Autodesk s $2.5B+ business and must be able to scale with Autodesk s growth to $5B and beyond.
We are not a traditional IT organization; we are building an engineering platform that will integrate our crucial business and finance services with internal customers using modern techniques such as APIs and service-oriented-architecture. We are focus on cloud and integration technologies, methods and architectures. In addition, we are transforming our culture and embracing an engineering focus with modern engineering practices such as dev-ops, product management and CI/CD.
Autodesk is seeking an experienced Principal Dev Ops Engineer with a background in CI/CD, and AWS that have a customer focused mentality to join our team. You will play a key role in the build out of a new service-oriented platform to host our services APIs. This is an individual contributor role but has a substantial level of influence and responsibility.
The Digital Business Platforms Engineering teams are chartered with the plan & build phases of a wide portfolio of software and applications supporting Autodesk s business, human capital and finance activities. With our business model transformation underway (moving from selling perpetual software licenses to cloud-based subscription services), we are making substantial investments in Cloud Based Finance Toolsets, Big Data and Enterprise Data Management. The ideal candidate will have experience developing products and systems in AWS and be well versed in modern resiliency and observability practices.
A thorough understanding of modern cloud-based software development and release practices including CI/CD and SDLC is essential. Experience with and knowledge of e-commerce systems is ideal.
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of SAAS-based microservices CI/CD, management infrastructure, tools, cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting
- Work closely with quality assurance and software engineers to evaluate/recommend tools, technologies that will accelerate the development, testing and deployment of key solutions that are on-prem and in the cloud
- Focus on automation, scalability, security and high availability of all applications and processes
- Work closely with product owners, software engineers, and quality assurance to understand requirements, turning those requirements into operational action
- Propose, design and develop software applications, tools, libraries as needed in support of devops needs
- Track incidents, report out on, and participate in active on call activities to help resolve service issues in a timely manner, as necessary
- Troubleshoot issues with our systems at all levels of the stack by performing deep problem analysis to identify root cause and appropriate resolution
- Work to reduce manual processes through automation and development of standardized practices for managing systems and services
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
- Track/report out on key system performance indicators and metrics
- 6+ years experience as a Software, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer; BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language (Java, NodeJS, .NET, etc) and RESTFUL web services
- Proficiency with Linux sysadmin tools & practices
- Knowledge of systems management tools such as Puppet or Chef and concepts of configuration management in a large-scale environment
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Proficiency with Docker, ELK Stack, Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk
- Experience with building, maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Docker and modern deployment methodologies
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge assumptions, hold others accountable, and adapt Proficiency in building, managing, deploying AWS solutions (EC2, S3, Cloud
Watch, Lamda, etc.)
- Able to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to assess tradeoffs and make decisions collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to translate business needs to technical requirements and provide accurate estimates
- A self-starter and fast learner with a strong sense of ownership that uses successes and failures as learning opportunities
- Good planning and organization skills
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- You are proactive when it comes to new opportunities, tackling tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You take risks and can make quick, data driven decisions
- You have a sense of humor and don t take yourself too seriously
- Experience with Angular, ReactJS or similar frameworks; experience deploying NodeJS also a plus
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design
- Development/Testing background would be an added advantage
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.