|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Menlo Park, United States|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2017|
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
The Principal Web Development Engineer leads the technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing E*TRADE Financial Trading, Investing and Banking Web Products. This is an individual contributor role with significant engineering ownership in complex client side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in designing and shipping the product.
- Lead a technical team to design and implement highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, global, and operable products and platforms.
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures, and other design documents.
- Build systems that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity
- Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding architectural strategy
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed with the organization
- Develop department-wide technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that resolve significant product or organizational pain-points
- Participate in a network of principal engineers to share ideas, practices, and experiences
- Work closely with product management and development teams
- You must enjoy challenging engineering problems. We are looking for someone who can solve complex issues.
- We value principal engineers who do enough hands-on implementation work to keep current with technology trends inside and outside the company
- Lead and mentor other frontend engineers
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years’ experience
- Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture
- Expertise in Single Page Application, Rich Internet Application design and implementation
- Expert in Web Technologies (Apache, HTTP, SOAP, JSON, XML, RESTful APIs)
- Proficient in DOM API, AJAX Programming and build systems such as Grunt, Gulp
- Strong command in Cross browser debugging and unit, integration and performance testing of web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with open source technologies and engaging with the community
- Familiar with SCRUM or similar agile methodology