Pr. Software Engineer
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Pr. Software Engineer to join our Prime contract team.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Provide software engineering support for a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools to include enhancing a suite of complex web applications and services that provide content management and collaboration in support of critical missions.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Work with and provide leadership to a team of developers designing, developing, and supporting a suite of mission critical web applications for report authoring and dissemination
- Apply new technology to improve collaboration among analysts and ensure robust and rapid delivery of critical intelligence to those who need it
- Design and develop REST APIs in a microservices architecture
- Communicate with customer leadership, end users, help desk staff, and other product teams to gather requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Develop software in an AWS environment, leveraging automated testing and continuous integration and deployment practices to deliver software releases to multiple environments
- Mentor junior software engineers, participate in code reviews, and recommend improvements to the team s engineering practices
- Contribute to project planning, new feature design, and documentation
- Design and implement changes to the system architecture to deliver new functionality and to improve system performance and availability
- Conduct testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requiremen
- Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. Master s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years experience.
- At least eight (8) years experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years. At least six (6) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
Boot, Tomcat, JUnit, Docker or equivalents for Java developers.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist.
- Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products. Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Interest and willingness to learn new technologies and work in a fast paced environment in support of a widely used mission critical application that delivers intelligence to high profile
- Experience consuming and writing RESTful backend microservices in Java and NodeJs
- Experience with Spring
Boot 2 and embedded tomcat deployments
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Familiarity with Apache NiFi to create and manage data extract, transform, load (ETL) operations for critical data flows
- Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerized environments to provide re-useable components that are agnostic of underlying cloud infrastructures
- Experience with web servers such as NGINX or proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
- Familiarity with various cloud infrastructures such as AWS or private cloud infrastructures to support scaled architectures
- Experience with Elastic Stack technologies (Elastic
Search, Logstash, Kibana) to provide metrics and monitoring of distributed microservices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM) on a variety of software development projects
- Experience designing, implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems
- Experience integrating new architectures/systems/services with complicated legacy code bases
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)