Mid-Level Java/J2EE Developer with Active Secret ClearanceJob Description
About the Mission You Will Join:
VMD has been entrusted to support the USPACOM LOGCOP Program to provide application development for a key application supporting our nations warfighters.
LOGCOP provides situational awareness to decision makers and planners within Navy, Air Force, and other branches of the military.
Your Impact to the Mission:
Are you an enterprising software developer with experience in Java-based applications with a real passion for code?
In this Mid-Level Java Developer role, you will create and deploy new software modules and interfaces, configure, and maintain software components in an Agile software development environment. You will do this by interacting with and collaborating across a diverse project team of technical and non-technical personnel.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Java/J2EE Developer experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience, and in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Java Application Servers or Open Source Application Servers
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and testing existing software components
- Conducting user acceptance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people and effectively communicate current activities
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and extremely organized self-starter
- Ability to establish priorities and execute to achieve results
- Ability to work independently and to respond quickly to change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3 or more years with SQL, Apache Struts, Subversion experience
- 3 or more years with Apache Tomcat experience
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and/or DB2 Experience with Google Mapping Services, Google Maps and Google Earth
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008
- Experience with IIS, Jboss, and WebLogic Experience with Eclipse development tools or other IDE
- Experience with collaborating and working on diverse project teams from geographically separated locations
- Experience with logistics automation tools, GCSS-J and NRRE-BI
- Experience with USAF or other DoD IT projects
- Experience with Tera Data Storage Experience with Model View Controller framework Java
- Experience with design and developing 3-tier web applications
- Experience with development tools ANT & Maven Skilll
EducationRequirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Desired Certification(s): MCTS, Security+, or Network+
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 3
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 3
Minimum Clearance to Start: Active DoD SECRET clearance is require
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel: Some (less than 25%)
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws.
VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.