Mgr Software Engineering
Description As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will lead a team of DevSecOps technology specialists supporting the Consumer Banking line of business. As Manager, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven DevSecOps practice. This role will not only drive DevSecOps capability development, but will also inculcate best practices across the Consumer Banking LOB. Primary responsibilities include:
* Developing, managing and retaining a team of DevSecOps technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
* Partnering across the enterprise to influence the design and construction of comprehensive CI/CD capabilities supporting on-premise and cloud hosted solutions.
* Drive adoption of enterprise best-practice DevSecOps capabilities to include CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, platform observability and containerization.
* Collaborating with technical leaders, architects and other stakeholders to design approaches that implement DevSecOps across a broad spectrum of technology platforms.
* Ensuring the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
* Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
* Ensuring high quality incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments.
* Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
* Evaluating and limiting risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
* 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 5 years of experience delivering DevSecOps capabilities.
* 7+ years of relevant technical managerial experience.
* Deep experience with CICD pipeline integration (i.e., Jenkins), test automation, monitoring, container orchestration (i.e., Kubernetes, Open
Shift) and related Infrastructure as Code capabilities (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
* Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and testing.
* Mastery of multiple programming languages such as Python3, Java, Java
Script, Ruby, Golang, C, C++, ... , including at least one front end framework (Angular/React/Vue).
* AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets.
* Bash and Linux experience
* Highly collaborative, with strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
* 5+ years of experience developing complex solutions in the financial services industry or for regulated industry use cases.
* Experience building and/or supporting cloud native, 12-Factor applications.
* Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline required
* Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline preferred Hours & Work Schedule Hours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-F Why Work for UsAt Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth. Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran