Director - Lead Software Engineer (Digital Wealth Management)
Salaries § Java (Core & EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud) Companies § UI/UX (React JS, Angular or equivalent) § Big Data / NoSQL (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Pig/Hive) Director Software Engineering Jobs in New York, NY. Jobs. Jobs. Interviews. J.P. Morgan3.9★. Director
- Lead Software Engineer (Digital Wealth Management). As a senior leader in Software Engineering Director for the Digital group, you will be responsible for building and driving a core group of highly skilled polyglot engineers focused on next generation web and mobile technologies. Solutions built by this team will have broad national exposure to the millions of Chase customers. The ideal candidate will have prior experience running a team of responsive web or mobile developers. Additionally, the candidate should have a solid foundation in software programming, software patterns, experience across multiple languages and development platforms, and a strong understanding of software publishing models.. Specifically, you will support the US Wealth Management (USWM) organization which aims to create a fully-integrated digital experience for investment clients across the wealth continuum. In delivering a compelling, omni-channel journey through the entire client life cycle, USWM will extend and amplify the firm's wealth management experience through digital. Tight collaboration with functional partners and control areas is essential in USWM's goal of executing against a multi-year strategic initiative that will drive growth in financial performance, increase business and operational efficiency, improve client satisfaction and increase market share.. Key Responsibilities.
• Lead a team by generating a vision, establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views.
• Manage a team of Software Engineers and Analysts equipped to deliver end-to-end features.
• Help define and drive deliveries towards the priorities and strategic direction for the area.
• Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business.
• Identify the non-functional requirements for the area.
• Close engagement with Architects and Design Authority across other areas of Digital and Wealth Management Technology.
• Technical responsibility for application architecture and design.
• Build highly optimized multiplatform consumer applications.
• Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews.
• Participate in dev modernization and adoption of emerging/modern technologies across the application suite.
• Continuous improvement of our DevOps, tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value.
• Align with the security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats. Qualifications
Knowledge and Experience required:. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:. BS/BA degree or equivalent experience. Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines. Command of architecture, design, and business processes. Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices. Keen understanding of financial control and budget management. Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals. Passionate about building an innovative culture. Experienced in modern programming languages.
• 10 + years' experience in software architecture and development.
• Prior experience working at a large tier global financial institution.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Creative problem solver and solutions architect/developer. Technical Knowledge:. Ø Extensive experience with. § Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA). Ø Experience with Micro
Services & Layered (SOA/MVC) Architecture. Ø Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ). Ø Experience with Caching solutions such as Hazlecast, Gemfire, EH
Cache. Ø Experience with Cloud deployments (Private Cloud / AWS / Azure). Ø Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry). Ø Experience with Open Source and Cloud Technologies such as Apache Storm / Ignite, ELK, Dynatrace, Grafana. Preferred skills:. Experience with building and supporting client facing, web and mobile based financial platforms. Understanding of the Wealth Management business. Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Margin, Retirement, and Cash products. Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans. Get alerts to jobs like this, to your inbox. § SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar) § Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito)