Lead Java, Angular - Software Engineer
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
This is an Application Developer lead position on the ADS
- Application Delivery Services/Business Integration group for Wells Fargo Advisors Brokerage Technology. The Business Integration Group (BIG) manages, maintains and provides support to technology centric, distributed systems for Wells Fargo Advisors and WIM. BIG provides technology leadership to complex/major risk and technology refresh initiatives and drive solutions to various engineering capabilities across WFA and WIM technology teams.
BIG also oversees audit requests and reporting needs across the teams.
This position provides technical leadership for the high project demand and technology refresh efforts to provide oversight and lead/drive the application developers for execution and implementation of WIM architecture strategies (SOA, BPM, UX, API and Events). This position is also required to cover production support and daily business interaction as well as significant coordination with the Business Analysts, Architecture and key stakeholders on projects. Acts as a technical lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. In addition, responsibilities include Java, Spring Preferred and Oracle/SQL coding (C# .Net, Web API is a plus), leading production deployments, investigating and solving production code defects, recommending performance improvements, assuring disaster recovery verifications are completed, and ensuring servers, networking, firewalls, and other components are available according to the SLA. Close coordination will be needed with business analysts, help desk, and infrastructure resources. Strong technical, interpersonal, and communications (both written and verbal) skills are required, including the ability be able to communicate issue status and remediation planning to Business User Community in terminology easily understood.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5 + years of Java Web Services experience
- 2+ years of web development experience using version 2.0 of Angular or greater
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 3+ years of Web Services experience
- Experience with major database engines including Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
- 3 + years of experience with HTML, Java
Script, and CSS
- 3 + years of experience with front end frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Application production support experience
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- JIRA experience
- Ability to manage or lead in a matrix environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with Onshore and Offshore teams
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr
- Shoreview, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St
- Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave
- Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd
- Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St
- Charlotte, NC
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr
- Glen Allen, VA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.