Lead Full Stack Engineer
Our organization crafts custom, powerful tools for our clients and employees, and Full Stack Software Engineers are a critical part to bringing those experiences to life. Be a part of our dynamic and award-winning Digital Banking team and help us take our experience to the next level.
Our team builds Key’s Online Banking, Mobile Banking apps and a number of other tools that bring the concept of Financial Wellness and Money Management to more than 3 million people across the country and from all walks of life.
1. Work as part of an Agile Squad, responsible for all work on a particular aspect of our Digital experience (we are divided into small teams called ‘squads’ with 2-3 developers on each), designing, developing and delivering high quality Java code.
2. Belong to our Engineering Chapters, and build tools that our entire enterprise uses, along with providing technical leadership in designing solutions, mentoring senior level developers, providing code and design reviews.Our team works well together, and while we’re looking for strong, talented Software Engineers, we are really looking for friendly, hard-working, fun-loving people who enjoy interacting and leading others.If this is you, we’d love to have you on our team!
• Developing code aligned with the latest industry standards that meets the business needs of the bank
• Working in sprints, providing and receiving full support from our Squad members
• Furthering the skills of ourselves and those on our teams
• Evangelizing our technology to other teams in the bank and the industry
• Provide full stack development leadership and expertise
• Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, solution architects, technical leads and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
• Embrace the established standards and best practices that currently exist for software applications, and contribute ideas in these areas to keep our technology moving forward
• Collaborate and communicate effectively and efficiently with other developers on the team to achieve the highest quality code & product
• Report status and work progress to scrum master and technical lead as requested
• Create technical documentation as required in the form of technical specifications, and project artifacts
• Assist/Mentor other developers on the team in software development best practices and continual improvement of service
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
• Passion for delivery quality software, and experience leading and mentoring senior developers in ensuring design and coding best practices and standards are followed.
• Minimum of 7-10 years experience in Java/JEE based applications and development
• Experience using the following software frameworks/concepts: Client side MVC, Spring, Hibernate, Junit, Maven, microservices, SOAP/Rest frameworks, Spring MVC
• Experience in Linux/Unix/Mac OS X based environments, comfortable working with command line tools & scripting
• Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, Eclipse, Tomcat, SonarQube,
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment, utilizing automated testing, as well as Test Driven Development
• Experience working on teams that have employed agile and lean methodologies.
• Experience with client-side UI frameworks like AngularJS and how these integrate into a REST services framework.
• Experience building mobile apps using Cordova and Ionic (or other similar mobile development frameworks)
• Experience with Bootstrap or similar frameworks
• Experience using CSS Preprocessors (preferably SASS)
• Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
• Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
• Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
• Experience working with an application container platform using docker.
• Experience with GIT and GIT Workflows (gitflow, pull requests, etc.)