|Date Posted||May 4, 2017|
Lead Front-End Engineer
Next-gen genomic sequencing is a new frontier. The complexity and sheer size of the data in the life sciences will make astronomical data problems look modest. Bina has been acquired by Roche Sequencing, and we are not only changing science, but we are changing lives.
What we're all about: From Code to Cure
Our software teams are laying the groundwork for the future by developing powerful bioinformatics algorithms, data analysis tools, and software/systems infrastructures so researchers can develop better diagnostics faster. The path to curing cancer lies in ones and zeros.
Ask yourself: Do you want to work on another “me too” app, ad-tech system, ecommerce platform, or would you rather build products scientists and others in the life sciences will use to diagnose, find treatments, and eventually beat diseases like cancer? Our team builds the highly scalable, reliable software and secure systems for better diagnostics.
This is truly disruptive. Get off the sidelines and into the game. #Code2Cure
As a member of Roche Sequencing's engineering team, you will be joining a development team tackling a number of hard problems in data analysis software for next-generation sequencing. You will bring outstanding UI expertise to the team to design and implement UI and front-end software and deliver best-in-class user experience for scientific workflows.
How you will spend your time:
- Hire, mentor, and build UI/UX engineering team.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews of REST APIs.
- Design and implement key UI components and / or to a REST API components.
Experience and skills you will need:
- 5 – 10 years in active UI development, project management, and team leadership.
- Experienced with designing and/or using REST APIs.
- Proficient with using UI frameworks; AngularJS
- Creativity, passion for beautiful user interfaces, and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Recent experience with leading a team in similar development activities in a lead or management role.
If you come onsite to interview with us, the first part of the interview will be a presentation of something you have done, exploration of your code, and lessons learned. Now is a great time to consider what you would really like us to notice about your work.
Do you have any side projects, open source contributions, one cool piece of code, or a link to something you've built, or a hack that you're proud of? Send with your resume, as we would love to get a peek at it.
We code to cure! Bina Technologies is now part of Roche Sequencing, and together we are using our passion for improving lives by accelerating the science of personalized medicine. We are changing science and changing lives. In our team, you will find Life Science meets Computer Science.
Being part of the Roche Sequencing team will take us beyond working on just one product in the genomic sequencing lifecycle, unleashing us to work across the spectrum. Same great dedication and determination to build the software and systems to empower better diagnostics, but with a lot more horsepower and industry recognition.
Read on, for more reasons to consider joining our mission to #Code2Cure
The science of interpreting the human genome is an exciting work in progress. Next-generation sequencing and genomic technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease. However, the main challenge is enabling the analysis and management of massive datasets being produced by scientists and researchers around the world.
- Genomic industry data is doubling every seven months. – 2X as fast as Moore's law for transistor density.
- Over 3 years, a full operating sequencing cluster generates over 6 petabytes of data. That's six hundred times larger than the data generated over 3 years on YouTube.
- We're talking about exabytes (1018) of raw, unprocessed, sequence data in a few years.
- From a tech-perspective, the genomics world is really behind computer science, but it means we have this opportunity to leap years ahead – not just make incremental changes.
We are dedicated to tackling this challenge every day. We know the ability to analyze and manage these datasets will revolutionize how we diagnose disease, develop drugs, and treat patients, especially in complex cases such as cancer.
Watch our code2cure meetup presentation and slide deck here
With a strong interdisciplinary knowledge in science and technology, we are elevating the speed and quality of genomic analysis, bringing us one step closer to solutions that will change and save lives.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Bina Technologies was recently acquired by Hoffmann-La Roche and now is part of Roche Sequencing.
Why work with us?
Because you want to make your mark in this world, are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and you are ready to code to cure.
Culture – What's important to us, and ideally to you:
- People First: Create an environment of trust and respect.
- Own It: Take accountability to drive quality results.
- Speak Up: Actively speak up, listen, and encourage open dialogue.
- Innovate Now: Seek new ideas and embrace our diverse strengths.
- Succeed as One: Actively collaborate to achieve our common goal.
Roche Sequencing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact Roche Sequencing employees with unsolicited resumes. Any resume sent by an outside agency without an explicit signed Bina generated agency agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and will not be eligible for payment.