|at ( view profile)|
|Location||SF Bay Area, California|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2017|
Our mission is to help people transcend linguistic barriers to information access. We achieve that through language technology that makes high-quality translation universally available. We’re seeking senior engineers to join our core group of NLP research scientists. Our team values competence, humility, and resolve. We’re backed by Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital.
Lilt is based in Palo Alto with a growing office in Munich.
About the Job
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Significant experience with Angular 1 (knowledge of Angular 2 highly valued)
- Significant experience developing user-facing software in a production environment
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-moving team environment with some remote members.
- Full-stack experience with node.js and MySQL highly valued
- Experience with user-centered UX/UI design and development
About Engineering at Lilt
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation environment. Translations must be delivered in under 300ms to exceed the typing speed of a professional translator. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting cloud engineering problems to solve. The front-end application is written in node.js + Angular. The backend services, including the machine translation system, are written in Java and C++. We have a strong preference for building our own backend technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest natural language processing (NLP) techniques and ideas.